Alchemist Required: Finance and a Major Overhaul by Summer 2023

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Oh, Matondo isn't there: Davies, Ridvan, Lawrence,  Colak, Lawrence, and Tillman, with Matondo the one who will have to prove himself a little more. Yet, as I wrote, I do not expect wonders of a winger. At least not any more than I expect of Kent, who went stale this season. 

I excluded Souttar though, since I thought that he was a pre-contracted earlier than he actually was. My cynical self just asked: Souttar, who is Souttar?

You think that Ridvan has proven himself already ?  I remain unconvinced, we need to see him with a run of games first - a decent showing against Queen of the South isn't nearly enough for him to have proven himself.  Certainly not more than Matondo, who I am completely unconvinced by.

15 minutes ago, craig said:

You think that Ridvan has proven himself already ?  I remain unconvinced, we need to see him with a run of games first - a decent showing against Queen of the South isn't nearly enough for him to have proven himself.  ...

The manager should bring him on when the crowd needs a lift.

People will applaud literally anything that he does.

41 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

The manager should bring him on when the crowd needs a lift.

People will applaud literally anything that he does.

It's not applause, it's hope.

1 hour ago, craig said:

You think that Ridvan has proven himself already ?  I remain unconvinced, we need to see him with a run of games first - a decent showing against Queen of the South isn't nearly enough for him to have proven himself.  Certainly not more than Matondo, who I am completely unconvinced by.

I said that I see enough talent in there that he is good enough for a title winning team. At Scottish level he might have not yet proven himself to some, yet he showed more fresh spark than e.g. Kent has all season. His only drawback so far has been the fact that Borna has found some fine form himself.

Re Matondo ... see Kent.

8 hours ago, der Berliner said:

I said that I see enough talent in there that he is good enough for a title winning team. At Scottish level he might have not yet proven himself to some, yet he showed more fresh spark than e.g. Kent has all season. His only drawback so far has been the fact that Borna has found some fine form himself.

Re Matondo ... see Kent.

You havent seen much of that talent in a Rangers jersey so not sure how you can work out he has enough talent for a title winning team.  He has played the equivalent of 4 games all season and less than a full game in the SPFL.  Indeed half the game time he has seen since signing has been against lower tier opposition in the League Cup (against QotS and Dundee).  So I am not sure, given he has lasted no more than 63 minutes in an SPFL game (2nd game of season at home to Killie) to determine he has title winning talent.

You never disappoint dB.  Always the Kent comparisons.  How can you determine that Yilmaz has shown more spark in Scotland than Kent this season having played just 83 minutes in the league whilst Kent has scored in 4 different games, he played two games in the League Cup (Kent hasnt played in that at all yet) and in CL least said better for both.

Matondo see Kent ?  Seriously ?  The ONLY thing Matondo has going for him is his pace.  He is a very poor footballer (and I dont like saying that about our players) - his first touch is poor, his dribbling is poor, his decision-making is poor.  He just hurts opponents with his pace.  Trying to compare him to Kent is ridiculous - no matter how poor Kent's season may have been thus far, he is a far, far better player than Matondo.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Matondo see Kent ?  Seriously ?  The ONLY thing Matondo has going for him is his pace.  He is a very poor footballer (and I dont like saying that about our players) - his first touch is poor, his dribbling is poor, his decision-making is poor.  He just hurts opponents with his pace.  Trying to compare him to Kent is ridiculous - no matter how poor Kent's season may have been thus far, he is a far, far better player than Matondo.

Yep, that's Tamundo alright

9 hours ago, craig said:

You havent seen much of that talent in a Rangers jersey so not sure how you can work out he has enough talent for a title winning team. 

9 hours ago, craig said:

The ONLY thing Matondo has going for him is his pace.  He is a very poor footballer (and I dont like saying that about our players) - his first touch is poor, his dribbling is poor, his decision-making is poor. 

backing up homer simpson GIF