[FT] Rangers 4 (Colak 27'; Lundstram 45+3'; Tavernier 51'; Morelos 85') - 1 Aberdeen

13 minutes ago, Bill said:

I take your point but Borna's classic game is hug the touchline, receive the ball, take four strides forward, stop, turn around, pass the ball backwards, ad fucking nauseam. He looks for one pass - down the wing - never comes inside, never leaves the touchline, never tries a different approach. He drives me insane watching his chickenshit performances most days. He's another of our players who suck the tempo out of games and seems too terrified of being criticised to ever express himself. Now and then he shows confidence and positivity but far too seldom to see him as anything other than a selection of last resort.

Yet he is top for assists because he stays out there and crosses superbly. 

24 minutes ago, Bill said:

If it's even handedness you're after I suggest you need to try a different shop because they stopped serving that in this shithole a long time ago. It's best not to hanker after something you already know doesn't exist and never will unless we find ourselves under very different management.

Not me Bill, I know exactly how that story has ended.  My point was more for those who still demand it.  For me.... no point in screaming into an echo chamber.

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

I take your point but Borna's classic game is hug the touchline, receive the ball, take four strides forward, stop, turn around, pass the ball backwards, ad fucking nauseam. He looks for one pass - down the wing - never comes inside, never leaves the touchline, never tries a different approach. He drives me insane watching his chickenshit performances most days. He's another of our players who suck the tempo out of games and seems too terrified of being criticised to ever express himself. Now and then he shows confidence and positivity but far too seldom to see him as anything other than a selection of last resort.

How do you know that isnt at the request of the manager ?  He scored a screamer in a pre-season friendly doing exactly that - so it is surprising that he wouldnt want to do it more and/or the manager wouldnt want him to do it.

As I say to my kid often.... even if you think the coach has got things wrong, your job is to carry out his instructions - if the shit hits the fan that is on him.  Your job is to do as the coach requests of you.

1 minute ago, craig said:

Not me Bill, I know exactly how that story has ended.  My point was more for those who still demand it.  For me.... no point in screaming into an echo chamber.

No point anyone shouting into that echo chamber

Just now, craig said:

How do you know that isnt at the request of the manager ?  He scored a screamer in a pre-season friendly doing exactly that - so it is surprising that he wouldnt want to do it more and/or the manager wouldnt want him to do it.

As I say to my kid often.... even if you think the coach has got things wrong, your job is to carry out his instructions - if the shit hits the fan that is on him.  Your job is to do as the coach requests of you.

I suppose the only credible reply is "I don't but how do you know that's what the manager insists he does?"

My point is that here's a guy with some talent who spends too many games contributing almost nothing. Of course he can cross the ball and can be very successful doing so but does that mean we should ignore the many times a suitably-angled plank of wood on the touchline would be a more cost-effective alternative.

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

That's exactly why Lundstram and Jack often performed well together

Indeed - but when Lawrence is fit Lawrence fills that role after injury then Lundstram in front of the back 4 presumably.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

I suppose the only credible reply is "I don't but how do you know that's what the manager insists he does?"

My point is that here's a guy with some talent who spends too many games contributing almost nothing. Of course he can cross the ball and can be very successful doing so but does that mean we should ignore the many times a suitably-angled plank of wood on the touchline would be a more cost-effective alternative.

Aye, maybe we should just re-sign Gregg Wylde from Dumbarton to play that position.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

Aye, maybe we should just re-sign Gregg Wylde from Dumbarton to play that position.

Or Yilmaz maybe. There was a reason Calvin Bassey became first choice LB.

5 minutes ago, craig said:

Indeed - but when Lawrence is fit Lawrence fills that role after injury then Lundstram in front of the back 4 presumably.

Yes, I think that's right. Or perhaps Sands should be the deep midfielder anyway. Lundstram just seems to contribute more when allowed to move further forward.