Barry A Captain to Kill For !!!!!

Lyon Coach: I Wish My Stars Were like Ferguson

LYON manager Alain Perrin last night branded Ibrox skipper Barry Ferguson "a captain to kill for" and revealed he wished he had players like him in his squad.

Rangers' Champions League rivals have had a stuttering start to their season and their boss is under fire from the French press following their opening Euro defeat to Barcelona.

In-fighting in the Lyon camp - with Sydney Govou clashing with Juninho over the stand-in captaincy in the absence of injured Gregory Coupet - has not helped Perrin. Now he wants his more experienced stars to take a leaf out of Fergie's book.

He said: "Barry Ferguson is simply a fabulous leader, the kind any team would kill to have. His influence is everywhere.

"There has been an issue of leadership in my team since the injury to Gregory. But it's not about the captaincy, it's about players taking full collective responsibility.

"We don't have someone like Ferguson who has that attitude running through his veins."

I have no qualms about Barry this year. His attitude and willingness to battle deserve all the plaudits he gets. No buts even from me, if he keeps up this form we will have a great chance of getting the SPL title back and maybe have a champions league run.

Well, IMO it could be very well that it is some sort of mind games,however if it was mind games he would have pumped the whole team up !!!!,but maybe,just maybe he actually does think BF is a great captain and Rangers man,which I happen to think he is,he has only talked about BF so if he thinks that's all he's to worry about then more the fool him which I very much doubt.

Guys like BF and KB,even AH get much more criticism than..........let's say a foreign player.......why ?........I don't know but give me guys that know what playing for Rangers is all about every day of the week.

It's time some Rangers fans got behind the Scottish players more,for instance how many posts have I seen on here saying how good Sebo,Cousin and Darcheville are,which I don't disagree with to a certain extent,but it always seems to me that the Scottish players get more grief than the foreign players,and IMO that is so wrong.It's no surprise to me that the national team is doing so well,as there are more young Scottish players playing more first team foootball and Rangers, probably more than any other team,are doing thier bit thanks to WS playing and believing in the Scottish players