David Graham resigns

23 hours ago, Bluedell said:

It's difficult to say how good he was or wasn't at his job. He was probably acting within the guidelines set out for him, and while many may think he should be acting in a different manner, perhaps that wasn't in his remit.

It's interesting to note that his religious beliefs are highlighted in the article. I doubt that they would have been mentioned if he was of any other religion, and wonder why that is of importance to the Express.

I think the most relevant feedback is that he has left the building a couple of weeks after the board admitting to significant issues with Communication, from club to fans.

It was one of the 3 main things that I highlighted needed doing, a couple of weeks back.

However, as you say, a lot is down to remit and how things are stuctured.

I mentioned earlier in the thread how I think it is the Robertson/Graham combination that failed, regards communication (and other stuff). Some seem to have wanted the Communications director to act almost as a CEO in some of his output. That wasn't going to happen but we don't really know the dynamics of how things worked. We only know that it didn't work.

We also know that the previous incumbent (Jim Traynor) wasn't a success, nor a professional PR/communications when he joined.

Between Traynor and Graham that is seven years.

Need to get a professional in and put a structure in place that serves us better.

The definition of 'us' being important. Club/Owner(s)/Fans/C+F ?

In the past Sir Duped brought in Mediahouse, more to protect himself.

Edited by buster.

19 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Best to just distract, or placate, them with the occasional empty statement.

First reference will be the AGM.

Let's wait and see if the board have anything to say on Strategy / Structure / Communication going forward.

Edited by buster.

37 minutes ago, buster. said:

First reference will be the AGM.

Let's wait and see if the board have anything to say on Strategy / Structure / Communication going forward.

Yes, yes, we will wait and see.

Hopefully no time, or money, is wasted.