Lee Wallace Announces Retirement

7 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Lee Wallace did NOT abrogate his responsibilities.

Remember the events after the 2016 Scottish Cup final?

As Club Skipper, he gave a statement to Police Scotland, he was kicked, punched and, spat upon. Police Scotland took a political decision not to charge any Hibs fan with assault on Rangers players and staff.

Scotland's next game saw a group of Hibees construct a banner proclaiming, 'Lee Wallace is a Grass'. BBC Scotland through the auspices of Chris McLaughlin and Kheredine Idessane; gave a running commentary of the banner being paraded at the Airport, through the streets and bars of Malta and, telling us how the Tartan Army applauded the banner's progress.

When Scotland played England at Wembley, Lee Wallace's every touch of the ball was booed by the Tartan Army.

Lee Wallace was not booed at Wembley.

10 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

@BEARGER and @buster. ,

In October 2016, Lee Wallace came off the bench at Hampden to face Lithuania. He was booed by elements of the Tartan Army.

In November 2016, Lee Wallace started against England at Wembley. He was subjected to a chorus of, 'Lee Wallace is a Grass' and subsequently booed.

My reply to BEARGER was a general comment rather than directly connected to Lee Wallace. Although, I did doubt (without evidence) that his every touch of the game was booed by the Tartan Army.

The reason I made comment  was to do with inconsistencies on the PQ thread.

I used the word "sad" because I have over time very much appreciated and enjoyed your sterling efforts on said thread and find it sad that inconsistencies have crept in.

I have in the past PM'd you or simply pointed some out on the thread. Some, not in the least important but in the interest of accuracy on such a thread, better to correct it. Others, such as last week on the BBC reporting of the Dundee United game, details that make your take on events easy to undermine, despite being generally accurate.

Despite all that, you are still the best poster on Gersnet. That isn't blowing smoke up .....If not a fact, it is my opinion and I doubt I am alone in that.

_-------------

Whilst on, all the best to Lee Wallace.

Only criticism of him whilst at Rangers, is that he wasn't nasty enough at times. 

Edited by buster.

12 hours ago, buster. said:

I used the word "sad" because I have over time very much appreciated and enjoyed your sterling efforts on said thread and find it sad that inconsistencies have crept in. I have in the past PM'd you or simply pointed some out on the thread. Some, not in the least important but in the interest of accuracy on such a thread, better to correct it. Others, such as last week on the BBC reporting of the Dundee United game, details that make your take on events easy to undermine, despite being generally accurate.

Despite all that, you are still the best poster on Gersnet. That isn't blowing smoke up .....If not a fact, it is my opinion and I doubt I am alone in that.

spacer.png

Edited by Bill

“When Scotland played England at Wembley, Lee Wallace's every touch of the ball was booed by the Tartan Army.”

This is not correct, only video I can find of that night is this one 

Lee Wallace on two occasions makes great chances for Scotland to score, no booing.