Change the captain?

3 hours ago, Uilleam said:

highly paid, highly skilled, and highly trained, professionals, who do not need to be whipped to pursue a win bonus?

We really should have signed some of those instead.

14 hours ago, Nevermind said:

Food for thought here, is there an argument for starting the change in direction with a change of captain? Jack seems to be the only man in that squad with the nuts to stand up and shoulder it. Everyone else seems to shrug their shoulders and roll out the old Warburtonism of '' We'll learn from it ''. 

No...it's motion without moving...and very well could result in losing what probably is a very strained locker room. 

Besides, Jack should be released by the club at season end.

Injuries and performance see that as reasonable.

Never been a huge fan either way.

I feel he is a very SPL level talent...e.g. nothing special.

Tavernier is actually a fantastic choice, and should remain so (unforeseen withstanding) as long as Gio is managing the team. 

Once Gio leave then that can be discussed. 

1 hour ago, PoohBear said:

Jack is one of our top players if fit. I don't know what his fitness outlook is but a fit Jack adds a solidity to our team that no other player does.

How quickly we forget.

I knew absolutely nothing about Ryan Jack when he came to Rangers. The first things I learned were that he had been captain at Aberdeen and had been Rangers daft since boyhood but I has no idea what kind of player he was. He showed a little talent in his first season but spend so much time being red carded that it was impossible to see whether his recruitment was justified. Then Steven Gerrard arrived and Jack blossomed - at his peak I thought he was the best midfielder I'd seen at Rangers for many years. Gerrard more or less confirmed Jack as the first name on the team sheet. Last season the calf injury took over his playing career and it seems we'll likely not see his best again, which is a massive disappointment for Rangers and a tragedy for a player who is only 30 years old.

On 07/09/2022 at 22:03, Nevermind said:

Food for thought here, is there an argument for starting the change in direction with a change of captain? Jack seems to be the only man in that squad with the nuts to stand up and shoulder it. Everyone else seems to shrug their shoulders and roll out the old Warburtonism of '' We'll learn from it ''. 

changing it would be mad enough. Changing it to jack would be ridiculous. 

Change the captain? More like change the manager. We now have proof that Tavernier has been playing while carrying an injury, piss poor management. Tav will now be out for weeks? We also had the suspicion that Morelos was played while unfit last season, and look what happened there.