Change the captain?

Food for thought here, is there an argument for starting the change in direction with a change of captain? Jack seems to be the only man in that squad with the nuts to stand up and shoulder it. Everyone else seems to shrug their shoulders and roll out the old Warburtonism of '' We'll learn from it ''. 

4 minutes ago, Nevermind said:

Food for thought here, is there an argument for starting the change in direction with a change of captain? Jack seems to be the only man in that squad with the nuts to stand up and shoulder it. Everyone else seems to shrug their shoulders and roll out the old Warburtonism of '' We'll learn from it ''. 

Is Jack in the team enough to be made Captian? The only players we have who play constantly are Tav, Goldson, Lundstrum and Kent.

Jack is injury prone so I'd rule him out, maybe Lundstrum as a change.

Old school thinking but we really should have 11 captions out there..

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Is Jack in the team enough to be made Captian? The only players we have who play constantly are Tav, Goldson, Lundstrum and Kent.

Jack is injury prone so I'd rule him out, maybe Lundstrum as a change.

Old school thinking but we really should have 11 captions out there..

It's an interesting point, even Advocaat's team had a minimum of 4 or 5 captains in any given starting 11. 

3 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Ryan Jack has only played about 100 league games in the 5 full seasons he’s been at Rangers. Not a lot is it?

His contract is up at the end of the season & I doubt it’ll be renewed 

Hes never Rangers captain material

I don't think he can be captain now ... but he should have been 3 years ago. In my opinion he was true captain material. Of the rest, only Tom Lawrence looks a serious option.

Btw, where was our captain for the post-match interviews? Why was Ryan Jack put forward to speak to the media?

Edited by Bill

6 hours ago, Bill said:

I don't think he can be captain now ... but he should have been 3 years ago. In my opinion he was true captain material. Of the rest, only Tom Lawrence looks a serious option.

Btw, where was our captain for the post-match interviews? Why was Ryan Jack put forward to speak to the media?

Tav was injured and media duties were rightly given to someone else. Plus, the mgmt wouldn't have wanted him being asked for details on playing through his injury.

Goldson is the obvious alternative (as Captain) but it is telling that no one is really considering him.

Tav remains by default, more than anything else. Although, it remains to be seen how long he is out for.

Playing through an injury can often make it worse (ask Morelos). Has Lundstram been doing the same ?

Edited by buster.

Seems increasingly obvious Tav has been playing with some sort of knee problem and looks as if he'll be out for a while.

A good chance for Devine or King to step up but Sands may be used there instead or we could move to a back three.

It's a bit concerning that we've played Morelos and Tav when they're injured.  

I know plenty of players play with painkillers but surely that's why we have a big squad.

Which brings us back to our transfer policy...