12 minutes ago, Bill said:

What are your limits to asap? Two years from now, three, more?

The board need to decide on a viable strategy, who they want to be in charge and make a realistic call. Personally, I think the new FFP rules point toward our own version of the Ajax model.

Parts of it are (at least partly) already in place, eg. Improvement in youth development, early stages of player trading model, commerce, etc. .... looking to improve ....

It won't happen but I would be looking at around the AGM time / WC break to go with it.

Ruthless, yes but we won't get to where we want to be, as it stands.

Timescales are always difficult and we may have to go a step backwards, to actually get to where we need to.

Edited by buster.

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

What are your limits to asap? Two years from now, three, more?

I would say a 50% success rate over a six year period. So 3 titles over the next 6 years (which would mean 4 out of 8).

Don't think that is an unreasonable expectation. 

What we can't allow to happen is for them to have another 9-in-a-row opportunity 

Edited by CammyF

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

The board need to decide on a viable strategy, who they want to be in charge and make a realistic call. Personally, I think the new FFP rules point toward our own version of the Ajax model.

Parts of it are (at least partly) already in place, eg. Improvement in youth development, early stages of player trading model, commerce, etc. .... looking to improve ....

It won't happen but I would be looking at around the AGM time / WC break to go with it.

Ruthless, yes but we won't get to where we want to be, as it stands.

Timescales are always difficult and we may have to go a step backwards, to actually get to where we need to.

I think the board has expressed a fairly clear strategy, given the uncertainties they have to try to factor in and the inherently unpredictable nature of sport-based businesses. Whether or to what extent it's going to be successful, I've no idea. I think one valid point that has been made several times is the need for far better communication between club and support ... not that the board can open it's books to everyone for obvious reasons but in terms of general direction and intention, much improvement is needed.

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I would say a 50% success rate over a six year period. So 3 titles over the next 6 years (which would mean 4 out of 8).

Don't think that is an unreasonable expectation. 

What we can't allow to happen is for them to have another 9-in-a-row opportunity 

I think that's entirely reasonable, if a tad ambitious. Were it to be achieved I think it would be weighted towards the far end of that period.

Just now, Bill said:

I think the board has expressed a fairly clear strategy, given the uncertainties they have to try to factor in and the inherently unpredictable nature of sport-based businesses. Whether or to what extent it's going to be successful, I've no idea. I think one valid point that has been made several times is the need for far better communication between club and support ... not that the board can open it's books to everyone for obvious reasons but in terms of general direction and intention, much improvement is needed.

Yes, football is an often unpredictable environment.

Regards communication of 'changes', I see the AGM/WC break as an opportunity to take if not a completely new direction, a new road in the same general direction.

We have to win a 2 horse race in which we are still a way behind financially. On top of which, they happen to have struck relative gold regards new manager/recruitment.

Plan 56

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Yes, football is an often unpredictable environment.

Regards communication of 'changes', I see the AGM/WC break as an opportunity to take if not a completely new direction, a new road in the same general direction.

We have to win a 2 horse race in which we are still a way behind financially. On top of which, they happen to have struck relative gold regards new manager/recruitment.

Plan 56

Two comments...

Refreshing the mission is always useful, to the extent it clarifies the objectives and unites the club. I also agree this would be a good time to do so and that should largely be the business of any AGM.

To compete fully, we must first repair our financial position that only a year ago was still perilous. That will take more time than it seems many fans expect, which only leads to the sort of frustrations we see all around us. Even then we still need to conduct our affairs properly, both on and off the field.

Just now, Bill said:

Two comments...

Refreshing the mission is always useful, to the extent it clarifies the objectives and unites the club. I also agree this would be a good time to do so and that should largely be the business of any AGM.

To compete fully, we must first repair our financial position that only a year ago was still perilous. That will take more time than it seems many fans expect, which only leads to the sort of frustrations we see all around us. Even then we still need to conduct our affairs properly, both on and off the field.

Aye, communicate the cold hard reality (without the fine detail) and how we intend to reach stated objectives.

Everyone in it together

Ps. Civil conversations between you and I make me think there might even be hope for Ukraine/Russia.