1 hour ago, CammyF said:

I would say a 50% success rate over a six year period. So 3 titles over the next 6 years (which would mean 4 out of 8).

Don't think that is an unreasonable expectation. 

What we can't allow to happen is for them to have another 9-in-a-row opportunity 

If you compare our finances to theirs i think it is unreasonable. 2 out of 6 max given the spending power they have.

26 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If you compare our finances to theirs i think it is unreasonable. 2 out of 6 max given the spending power they have.

It should be becoming clear to everyone just how much the club was damaged in 2012 and how hard the climb back up really is. Winning 55 was always on when they announced Lennon was returning, otherwise I doubt it would have happened, and reaching Seville was some kind of a miracle that I still don't understand - but I think these also served to wake up the people in the east and remind them to strengthen their own efforts. I fully expect we will be the top dog again but more time is needed.

24 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Still Tanzanian unless the freak was born before 1964.

Tanganyika was a far better name. Why these locals have to mess with our maps is beyond me. Same as Nyasaland, which I'd barely learned to spell when some other numpties had to change it. (it's a slow day)

On 04/09/2022 at 19:52, buster. said:

Re. GVB

There is a poll on FF started at about 9pm last night (some time to reflect)

Would you replace Gio ?

YES : 756 (54.3%)

NO : 637 (45.7%)

Quite a good sample size.

No immediate issue but it doesn't leave much margin for more backwards steps until the numbers start to get really bad.

Update on the same poll.

We are now approaching 3 days post OF match and another 362 votes have came in and changed the the percentages to 50/50. That means the majority of the votes coming in after my initial post on the poll hav been in favour of the Gio continuing.

Would you replace Gio ?

YES : 878 (50%)

NO : 877 (50%)

27 minutes ago, buster. said:

Update on the same poll.

We are now approaching 3 days post OF match and another 362 votes have came in and changed the the percentages to 50/50. That means the majority of the votes coming in after my initial post on the poll hav been in favour of the Gio continuing.

Would you replace Gio ?

YES : 878 (50%)

NO : 877 (50%)

People calming down to a frenzy

We have a golden opportunity here to reinvent ourselves in the league starting on Saturday. 

Let's see if Gio has the vision and drive to do that. 

honestly if we go out over the next 4 league games and it's the same old pedestrian tosh and players regardless of results we should start looking elsewhere.