2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Domestically, we're a predictable side.  We play too cautiously.

I don't understand this managerial approach where they just have one way of playing.  Warburton and Gerrard both did it.  GvB seems a bit more flexible but not much.

If something isn't working, change it. 

To be fair to Warburton and Gerrard at least you could see what the system was and what they were attempting. Under Gio is just pass across the back 4, repeat, repeat, repeat then lose the ball. 

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

We don't play them again until January, which is a full four months away.  

Our squad and management can definitely turn things around and beat them at Ibrox - to suggest otherwise is raising the white flag after a handful of matches.  

Come back to me at the end of the season and we'll see if we've turned it around.

Of course, we could win a game at Ibrox but IMO over the piece, the better team will take more overall points from the fixture. Just as the better team/squad tend to win the league.

They are a team/squad on the way up.

We are on the way down / undergoing light reform.

The big negative for me is that when we were the team in the ascendancy (and they were in full implosion mode) that we were unable to secure a second league title (and automatic CL qualification).

Just as we have had recent difficulties keeping it going during a whole season (post winter break), we couldn't keep the winning mindset going into a second season and let them back in far too early.

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

Agreed, but maybe its romantic nostalgia but under SG we seemed to get better every season, we had players who had sell-on values etc.

On the European stage, there is little to criticise GVB on - the EL final was disappointing but on ballance we probably deserved to lose on the night, but it was a great effort and different from the loss to Zenit, which made it harder to accept. 

Off the field, we have neglected so many issues (catering, ticketing, disabled access, customer service), it just seems things are stalling a little. 

SG was hungry to improve year on year.

Perhaps, the time to get busy in the transfer market both in and out was straight after 55.

SG wanted more quality. Had we had a good proactive summer recruitment/sale in 2021 we wouldn't be in the mess we are now. We have kept this squad together for too long. Recruitment is why they recovered so quickly.

If's, but's and maybe's but it may have meant CLGS last season, league title and CL automatic this....less a European Final in '22.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

SG was hungry to improve year on year.

Perhaps, the time to get busy in the transfer market both in and out was straight after 55.

SG wanted more quality. Had we had a good proactive summer recruitment/sale in 2021 we wouldn't be in the mess we are now. We have kept this squad together for too long. Recruitment is why they recovered so quickly.

If's, but's and maybe's but it may have meant CLGS last season, league title and CL automatic this....less a European Final in '22.

And SG still in the managers seat.

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

So who decides who's opinion is most valid? You? Me? 

No response to my "valid" points - seems a trait of yours to be honest

Calm down & lighten up, this is a football forum, not a court of law. It doesn't matter what I think, none of this is real.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Calm down & lighten up, this is a football forum, not a court of law. It doesn't matter what I think, none of this is real.

I'm perfectly calm and I'll decide which mood I'm in thank you very much. 

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I'm perfectly calm and I'll decide which mood I'm in thank you very much. 

If I known how raw that nerve was I'd never have gone near it. Take heart, it might heal in time 🤣