• Borna Barisic
    • John Lundstram
    • Glen Kamara
    • Tom Lawrence
    • Malik Tillman
    • Ryan Kent
    • Antonio Colak

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

It's madness. Matondo has been written off already.

With new signings it's often about expectations. He's only had one season of regular senior football and patience will be required. Davies will have the £4m tag hanging over him a bit too for some fans.

Lundstram was free, but there was a clamour for a big signing in centre mid who was very creative and a goalscorer, a different type to Davis, Jack and Kamara. For a while Lundstram looked similar to those in level and style. I voiced some concerns about his fitness at the time, I'm sure he later said he struggled for a while after having had COVID.

The level of criticism was insane though, when the January transfer window closed loads of people were "very disappointed" that we hadn't moved him on!! I wasn't a big fan of the signing, but better to have him around the second half of the season than not! I don't think any of us saw that scale of a turnaround coming though.

Edited by DMAA

20 minutes ago, DMAA said:

With new signings it's often about expectations. He's only had one season of regular senior football and patience will be required. Davies will have the £4m tag hanging over him a bit too for some fans.

Lundstram was free, but there was a clamour for a big signing in centre mid who was very creative and a goalscorer, a different type to Davis, Jack and Kamara. For a while Lundstram looked similar to those in level and style. I voiced some concerns about his fitness at the time, I'm sure he later said he struggled for a while after having had COVID.

The level of criticism was insane though, when the January transfer window closed loads of people were "very disappointed" that we hadn't moved him on!! I wasn't a big fan of the signing, but better to have him around the second half of the season than not! I don't think any of us saw that scale of a turnaround coming though.

Yeah that's kind of what I mean, he had had 5 or so MOTM performances by January. It is fair to say the level of turn around was unprecedented. 

12 hours ago, DMAA said:

Have we got worse with the endless discussion that comes with the internet? I often mention that arguably our best performing side (02-03) had Bob Malcolm and Maurice Ross in it. They each made about 30 appearances that season. Ricky Foster played a part in Walter Smith’s sides. As did a fairly raw Gregg Wylde. Edu maybe an even better example because he was a proper regular, despite being a fairly limited player, he was used well though. Cole and Hutton started our last Champions League game, which was under Walter too. 

Today it feels like every position has to be perfect. Not just the starting 11, the backups have to be perfect too. Even an established player like Barisic (compare to Foster) gets crucified and completely written off after a poor performance. If your weakest player is Barisic then you are in good shape! Some very good Rangers teams have had weaker links than that. 

Goldson himself when given three words to describe Rangers selected 'Ruthless' as one...think about that...you get three words and one them is Ruthless...Says a lot

Mediocrity, failure, substandard performances, and anything of the like is ferociously repulsed.

I adore it TBF. 

Absolute best club (any sport) in the world, bar none. 

Edit--Yes..even better than them HOGS! WOO PIIIIG!

Edited by Malangsob