• James Sands
    • Borna Barisic
    • John Lundstram
    • Glen Kamara
    • Tom Lawrence
    • Malik Tillman
    • Ryan Kent
    • Antonio Colak

Have to say it’s great to see James Sands, who didn't start in Seville, getting 20

votes for man of the match for this game of all games. What a turnaround for him, I’m chuffed for him. I have wanted him to do well since he joined, I’m not sure why, part of it is the fact that he’s come across the world to better himself and it’s always a shame when that doesn’t work out, but he also just comes across like a good guy and a good team player. He’s also been written off plenty by our fans. 

Anyway, I’ve nothing to add to what others have said about his performance other than that even though I knew he had more aggression and strength than he got credit for, I was surprised last night at just how tough he was. As things stand, he certainly looks like a ball playing centre back rather than a centre mid, and our £4m signing has a job on his hands to displace him. 

Just to go against what a few others have said, I think Sands can and will play in midfield but, just as has been the case in his performances at centre-back, we just need to see more of him there to realise how useful a player he is.

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Just to go against what a few others have said, I think Sands can and will play in midfield but, just as has been the case in his performances at centre-back, we just need to see more of him there to realise how useful a player he is.

Agree, he can play centre mid. Centre back is just where he has got his chance. We haven’t seen him excel in centre mid yet though. 

20 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Not for me, we don't need a James Sands in midfield in the SPL. If he cant play there ahead of a barely fit Jack, and old Davis who needs his game time managed, and out of sorts Kamara then not sure he will play there if we bring in another midfielder. CB all the way for me. I'm prepared to die on this hill. 

Sands can go all the way at CB for us. 

7 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

That inter side we drew with at Ibrox that year was bloody good btw.

Just looked it up, that was 2005. But yeh a good team. And yes, Bob Malcolm, Ian Murray and Namouchi started that game. Not exactly a team full of a stars.

this is exactly the conveyor belt of talent we need. We sell our left cb for 25 million and in steps another young lad who looks like a 30 million quid player in the making. 

A good CL and world cup and we will be buying sands and selling him on the same day next summer. 

37 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Not for me, we don't need a James Sands in midfield in the SPL. If he cant play there ahead of a barely fit Jack, and old Davis who needs his game time managed, and out of sorts Kamara then not sure he will play there if we bring in another midfielder. CB all the way for me. I'm prepared to die on this hill. 

Sands can go all the way at CB for us. 

I only have him at CM if Lundstrum isn't playing for some reason.