[FT] PSV 0 - 1 Rangers (Colak 60)

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

There are loads of conflicting views on social media about how much European income Rangers has earned so far this season. I suppose I could look it up on UEFA but does anyone here know the facts? What does CL qualification really mean for the club?

13 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Really! are you fucking serious? after tonights massive win you haven't even said well done!!!, think you need to change your sport mate, that is ridiculous!.

Best to ignore trolls mate

Well where to start with that! Absolutely incredible. I was pretty sure we were going to come up short, as I could not see our defence and our god-awful zonal defending from corners (feels like conceding penalties) keeping them out. And although Goldson gift-wrapped them at least 3 very good first half chances, they fluffed their finishes and we escaped that very difficult last 10 mins before halftime. Second half was tremendous, and as soon as we scored they were broken. It still required excellent game management, good defending (if only Goldson could defend like he did for the last half hour for a full game every week) and that 5-6 minute period in the 80-90 min timescale where we pinned them into their own corner was an absolute joy to watch.

A stunning performance from young Sands, reminding me a bit of his fellow American Bocanegra, showing you dont have to be the tallest or strongest to be a bloody good defender. Take a bow young man. 

In these coin flip games it usually comes down to a piece of brilliance or a mistake, and thankfully we made them pay from their one mistake, whereas they let us off the hook when we made ours. 

There really are some groups of death to be unveiled tonight given the pots. I hope our fortune continues and we get a group we can at least have some hope of 3rd place in, and I wish the very worst of fortunes to those who cheated their way into these group stages.

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

It's not clear if that's pounds or euros and it still doesn't include TV and matchday receipts. Nor does it include our income from the last round against USG which would have included match day and TV income.

For all the talk about income, it seems incredibly difficult to find out what that income will be, even a ballpark figure.

Edited by Bill

Just now, craig said:

How much is it ?  Not sure why but Jas has me blocked on Twitter, lol

Fa9UE1_WQAAgHgo?format=png&name=small

So, £18m guaranteed from CL participation with a conservative £8m from results and ticket sales.  I'd imagine we've made around £2-4m from the two qualifiers so far so possibly around £30m give or take by the start of December.

28 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Fa9UE1_WQAAgHgo?format=png&name=small

So, £18m guaranteed from CL participation with a conservative £8m from results and ticket sales.  I'd imagine we've made around £2-4m from the two qualifiers so far so possibly around £30m give or take by the start of December.

Does the 18 mill also include the TV ?