Morelos out of squad for PSV tie

16 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Not disagreeing with the need to take action if the player isn't doing his job - just more puzzled with the very public reaction to it.

He rather put it out there publicly himself on Saturday and they only way to hide him not going to PSV would be to lie and how believable would that be after Saturday. 

11 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

The bit I don't understand is why play on Saturday if that was the thinking?  Is it really the sending off and the dropped 2 points that's the reason or is it his attitude after the game?

Last straw? or is it final straw?😀

Edited by ian1964

Whatever it is I find it hard to believe a grown man with a family is so immature and putting his career in jeopardy. 

I have been an admirer of Morelos and felt that the events of 2-3 years ago were hard for a young man in a strange country but now believe him to be a liability.

Maybe he needs a visit to a shrink/counselor to sort out the mush that is his brain.

I actually think GvB is giving Morelos a chance to get back in the team, a chance I'm not convinced he deserves. The manager is simply posing the question "how much do you want to play for this club" and everything, presumably, everything will depend on how the player answers the challenge. My guess is that his Rangers career is over and Ross Wilson will already be working on an exit. For the sake of the team, I hope it's over quickly.

I don't think his rangers career is over, Gio has left the door open for him by saying that he was conflicted as a person leaving him behind but not as a manager. Morelos has screwed the nut in the past, he can do it again.

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

I actually think GvB is giving Morelos a chance to get back in the team, a chance I'm not convinced he deserves. The manager is simply posing the question "how much do you want to play for this club" and everything, presumably, everything will depend on how the player answers the challenge. My guess is that his Rangers career is over and Ross Wilson will already be working on an exit. For the sake of the team, I hope it's over quickly.

He won't play before the window closes and we have celtc just after. 

Agreed hopefully he goes fast and we buy well. 

You have to ask yourself, why does a player who’s been at a club as long as Morelos has been a Rangers player, and achieved so much, suddenly

lose his way and get himself in this situation. 

I’ve never been his biggest fan so it’s not a surprise that I think we should be looking for cash in this window. He hasn’t been as good as his probable value for a while imo, and there have long been rumours of less than professional off-field habits. Check a picture of him from about 2018 and looks about two stone heavier than he did then, despite the fact we had crucial Champions League qualifiers coming up! His goals per minute ratio in the league has dropped three seasons in a row. Time to recruit another striker if we can sell.