Morelos out of squad for PSV tie

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

If the physios weren't aware he was injured, that's a real concern (that they're incompetent).  

Agree, but the rumour was he didn't let on how serious it was as he was keen to go play with Colombia. If that's the case don't see what more they can do. But all hearsay.

6 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Bit worried as I can't see this being good news for Morelos or the manager....

It kind of has an inevitable parting of ways for Morelos about it. Tav's post match comments from Saturday now have a bit of extra meaning to it. As does Gio's comments about not considering Morelos to come on against PSV at Ibrox. Saturdays red card may be the straw that breaks the camels back rather than a one off hot head moment.

12 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Bit worried as I can't see this being good news for Morelos or the manager....

Don't think it's good for anyone with a vested interest, unless we can get a big fee (highly unlikely). 

4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

It kind of has an inevitable parting of ways for Morelos about it. Tav's post match comments from Saturday now have a bit of extra meaning to it. As does Gio's comments about not considering Morelos to come on against PSV at Ibrox. Saturdays red card may be the straw that breaks the camels back rather than a one off hot head moment.

Sure but I'm worried about the mixed messages. Three weeks ago we were being fed Morelos was 'flying' and now he's effectively suspended.

I tend to side with the manager on these things (especially given Tav's words) but I'm unconvinced we're in a good place.

8 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Sure but I'm worried about the mixed messages. Three weeks ago we were being fed Morelos was 'flying' and now he's effectively suspended.

I tend to side with the manager on these things (especially given Tav's words) but I'm unconvinced we're in a good place.

Mixed messages and mixed results.  Not sure its at a crisis point but we're an Old Firm defeat away from some very loud gnashing of teeth.

Edit: I'm hoping this is one of those inflection points where we look back at the end of the season and realise it was the early kick up the backside that got our season going.

Edited by stewarty

2 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Mixed messages and mixed results.  Not sure its at a crisis point but we're an Old Firm defeat away from some very loud gnashing of teeth.

Out of the CL tomorrow isn't the end of the world because of the €5m parachute and seeded first for the EL but, any bad result against Celtic alongside no improvement on the park will put Gio in a difficult place.

Morelos may well be away by then but who replaces him? Colak looks reasonable but IMHO we'll need someone better to fill Alfie's boots.