[FT] Hibernian 2 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 45' pen; Lawrence 58')

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

Collum is a very inconsistent referee who likes to make big decisions in games, too many of which he gets wrong

Our own issue at the moment (other than the CLQ) is whether Morelos and Kent will sign contract extensions offered. If not they should be sold immediately to allow the manager to bring in replacements before the end of the transfer window

Call me a drama queen but if there is a big contract offer on the table for Morelos, I'd remove it and try and shift him before the end of the month.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

In my opinion, selling Morelos would be a stupid thing to do (unless we get a very big offer).  

Depends on who you replace him with.

This idea that we are going to get a huge fee for Morelos is fanciful.

Edited by buster.

9 minutes ago, buster. said:

He gave us the benefit of the doubt on penalty decisions at both ends in the first half.

Strange that, if he has it in for us.

Naw, Collum is a particular type of ref, but he isn't a cheat.

Our problems lie closer to home and domestically, I can see something similar to last season, only worse. 

If Collum saw the Colak incident clearly,  then he had to award a penalty, for such it was. (The boiled egg analogy refers.)

If Collum saw the Tavenier incident clearly, then he had a decision to make: was it jostling in the box, six of one half a dozen of the other, or was it a clear foul by our skipper? Referees often take the former view, as it is often not obvious who is the guilty party.  If every instance of jockeying for position at free kicks or corners, was penalised, we would be watching a lot a dead balls being struck. 

Apart from that, the decision to caution Doyle-Hayes and red card Lundstram for tackles which were as near to identical as you will ever get on a football pitch was extraordinary by anyone's standards. In fact, the foul by the Hibs' man, on Lundstram, was in a position much further up the park than that committed by JL, so arguably was a worse infraction. 

And Hibs first was offside, both players being in advance of the defence. Marginal, but if you watch VAR in action, the proverbial fag paper comes into play, as it did last night, denying Jesus of the Arsenal (!!) a goal. 

In both orderings off, the red cards were out in a trice. Willie the Collum could outdraw Billy the Kid, imho. 

I am convinced that JL was dismissed to 'even things up', following the 'soft' penalty, and some noise at HT within the tunnel/dressing room areas. 

With Morelos, it looked personal. I suspect that Collum has been taken to task by some one or other(s), for perceived leniency towards the Colombian, in the past, and he grasped even yesterday's fairly flimsy opportunity to square the record.

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

Depends on who you replace him with.

Very difficult to replace a player like Morelos on our budget.  

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

This idea that we are going to get a huge fee for Morelos is fanciful.

Don't think anyone is suggesting we will at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Very difficult to replace a player like Morelos on our budget.  

Don't think anyone is suggesting we will at the moment. 

Very difficult to source the best version of Morelos, even when he is here.

He won't command a really big fee whenever he goes.

21 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

If Collum saw the Colak incident clearly,  then he had to award a penalty, for such it was. (The boiled egg analogy refers.)

If Collum saw the Tavenier incident clearly, then he had a decision to make: was it jostling in the box, six of one half a dozen of the other, or was it a clear foul by our skipper? Referees often take the former view, as it is often not obvious who is the guilty party.  If every instance of jockeying for position at free kicks or corners, was penalised, we would be watching a lot a dead balls being struck. 

Apart from that, the decision to caution Doyle-Hayes and red card Lundstram for tackles which were as near to identical as you will ever get on a football pitch was extraordinary by anyone's standards. In fact, the foul by the Hibs' man, on Lundstram, was in a position much further up the park than that committed by JL, so arguably was a worse infraction. 

And Hibs first was offside, both players being in advance of the defence. Marginal, but if you watch VAR in action, the proverbial fag paper comes into play, as it did last night, denying Jesus of the Arsenal (!!) a goal. 

In both orderings off, the red cards were out in a trice. Willie the Collum could outdraw Billy the Kid, imho. 

I am convinced that JL was dismissed to 'even things up', following the 'soft' penalty, and some noise at HT within the tunnel/dressing room areas. 

With Morelos, it looked personal. I suspect that Collum has been taken to task by some one or other(s), for perceived leniency towards the Colombian, in the past, and he grasped even yesterday's fairly flimsy opportunity to square the record.

I don't disagree with much in your post (except on Morelos sending off).

My point had been simply that Collum wasn't cheating per se.

17 minutes ago, buster. said:

I don't disagree with much in your post (except on Morelos sending off).

My point had been simply that Collum wasn't cheating per se.

I only see Collum when he referees Rangers' games. 

If he has officiated other matches as badly as he has done, and continues to do, regularly, Rangers' games, then he would not be on the SPFL list, but would have been refereeing schools' football for some years. 

Edited by Uilleam