[FT] Hibernian 2 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 45' pen; Lawrence 58')

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Said a few weeks ago that this squad isn't going to do as much as we are going to need this season.

Well, I still believe it could/can ... IF we adopt better tactics and use the player potential we have.

Sakala and Wright would get ripped apart had they delivered a performance like Kent today (one of many). But both would have seen a different approach towards goal. I reckon we rested Tillman for the PSV game, and rightly so. If one would ask me on the spot, who would be starters, it would be McLaughlin, Sands, Barisic, Davis, Tillman, Colak, Tavernier, Lundstram and Matondo. I`d have to sleep over the rest. That said, you wouldn`t look forward to us playing like today or midweek against the likes of Real, Liverpool, PSG or the like. 

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Does he tell players to pass when there's a shot on?  

No, IMHO, it is in the players. You saw that immediately when Wright arrived, Sakala, Matondo, Tillman and Colak. Where the old guard would have passed, they let fly. Not always in the net, but at least they shoot. Lawrence too.

We seriously need to change players and/or tactics up top, pending on the opposition.

ANd truth be told, I cannot wait to see Davies and Helander back in the action, to pressure Goldson out of his early season drowsiness.  

Just now, der Berliner said:

No, IMHO, it is in the players. You saw that immediately when Wright arrived, Sakala, Matondo, Tillman and Colak. Where the old guard would have passed, they let fly. Not always in the net, but at least they shoot. Lawrence too.

We seriously need to change players and/or tactics up top, pending on the opposition.

ANd truth be told, I cannot wait to see Davies and Helander back in the action, to pressure Goldson out of his early season drowsiness.  

The point where Lawrence passed from the penalty spot instead of taking a shot was just unforgivable. Definitely need to some kind of finishing training to weed that behaviour out, we are guilty of trying to walk the ball into the back of the net at times.

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Hibernian 2 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 45' pen; Lawrence 58')
4 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Well, I still believe it could/can ... IF we adopt better tactics and use the player potential we have.

Sakala and Wright would get ripped apart had they delivered a performance like Kent today (one of many). But both would have seen a different approach towards goal. I reckon we rested Tillman for the PSV game, and rightly so. If one would ask me on the spot, who would be starters, it would be McLaughlin, Sands, Barisic, Davis, Tillman, Colak, Tavernier, Lundstram and Matondo. I`d have to sleep over the rest. That said, you wouldn`t look forward to us playing like today or midweek against the likes of Real, Liverpool, PSG or the like. 

Good place to stop criticism in its tracks would be to go through on Wednesday.

Can't say I'm confident but we've being doing the Jeykll and Hyde with Europe/Domestic for years now, so you never know.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Good place to stop criticism in its tracks would be to go through on Wednesday.

Can't say I'm confident but we've being doing the Jeykll and Hyde with Europe/Domestic for years now, so you never know.

Holy shit, is the game not Tuesday? I have made a massive fuck up.