[FT] Union SG 2 - 0 Rangers

12 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

You can slate tactics all night, but for me this result is down to the players!.

Shared mate. Don't think Gio knows what his best formation is. He got it wrong tonight and that's fine, we all make mistakes but he was slow to react and change things. 

Players also need to look at themselves. The new signings coming under the spotlight and under fire but established players like Tav, Goldson, Borna, Jack, Kamara at am hardly covered themselves in glory tonight. 

Not sure where that abysmal performance came from tonight but the only good thing I can say is that at least it was only 2-0. I'm quite frankly stunned at how bad we were and the manager has a lot of explaining to do as to why we struggled so badly. USG ran rings around us.

From the goalkeeper right through the team not one player can say they did their job. All looked two yards short of pace, seemed uncaring about working hard and were outmuscled at every opportunity. No point in singling out anyone as, to a man, we had a shocker.

Like I say, the only good thing is we're not completely out the tie but, on that form, we won't be coming back anyway. I was looking forward to Ibrox on Saturday but, aside from a total turnaround in attitude and effort, we may as well not turn up. Completely unacceptable.

I think the worst thing about it was the failure to make changes to formation, strategy and players. There was a failure to  actually address what was happening. We were getting absolutely nowhere and perhaps that was because we had three defensive mids on the pitch. There was nowhere near enough movement.