Premier League 2022/23

49 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Near the end at Goodison 1-1. Everton and Wolves both poor. Patterson not bad but not all that great either.

The Villa v Liverpool later in the second part of the Black Country v Mersey competition should be better.

1-2 the Wolves.

Everton are gonna have the sweetest stadium in the Championship. 

17 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Liverpool paid 63M GBP, or thereby, for Darwin Nunez. 

Is it me, or did the seller see them coming?

I think it was on the back of scoring 35 goals in 40 games for Benfica at only 23-years-old. 

He's a strange one: at times he looks amazing with his power, strength and pace; and then at other times - when he touches the ball - he looks like he's never seen a ball. 

£63m is steep, though. The Portuguese market is inflated. 

I think it's just the going rate for number 9s. There aren't many around.

(I know Man City signed Haaland for £50m, but that was because there was an intentionally low release clause; As there is now, I believe, which activates after a coupe of years.)

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

..a strange one: at times he looks amazing with his power, strength and pace; and then at other times - when he touches the ball - he looks like he's never seen a ball. 

Amazon's pundit awarded him MotM, last night.

God and Bezos truly do love a trier, it seems. 

He's Uruguayan, I think. Clearly he comes from an urban area, where there are nae coos, nae banjos, and nae barn doors for practice. 

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I think it was on the back of scoring 35 goals in 40 games for Benfica at only 23-years-old. 

He's a strange one: at times he looks amazing with his power, strength and pace; and then at other times - when he touches the ball - he looks like he's never seen a ball. 

£63m is steep, though. The Portuguese market is inflated. 

I think it's just the going rate for number 9s. There aren't many around.

(I know Man City signed Haaland for £50m, but that was because there was an intentionally low release clause; As there is now, I believe, which activates after a coupe of years.)

Well I hope we’re ready to pounce. 🤣