Rangers midfielder, Joe Aribo says he is focused on staying at the club despite rumours linking him with a move away from Ibrox.

Aribo’s contract with the Gers will expire in 2023 and the Nigerian is yet to pen a new deal fuelling speculations he could be set for a move elsewhere.

The versatile midfielder has also been linked with a move to the Premier League, with the likes of Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and West Ham United said to be interested in his services.

The 25-year-old has, however, debunked the reports and stated that he is focused on continuing at the club.

“I don’t know. I never knew about anything to be honest, I just focused on football. I’m happy at Rangers, I’ve been happy since I got here and I’ve loved every single minute of it,” Aribo told Brila FM.

“So I’ve just been focused on here and I just want to stay focused because at the end of the day, I’m a Rangers player and I’m not thinking about leaving, because I’m really happy here,” he said.

Aribo scored nine goals and provided 10 assists in 56 appearances across all competitions for Rangers in the 2021/22 season

I certainly hope so.

Aribo was poor for the latter half of the season, there's no getting away with that.  However, I think the sheer amount of games he played contributed to some jaded efforts after AFCON but hopefully that will stand him in good stead this campaign.

It's easy to forget just how useful he was before that tournament and for much of the 55 season.  There are times he can appear lazy due to his languid style and he certainly frustrates me in dwelling on the ball too often for my liking but his positives far outweigh the negatives.  At 25, he's coming into his prime so I hope we're the club to benefit from that.

2 minutes ago, compo said:

Big improvement needed or he’s just a waste of space and a wage packet 

Take it you haven't watched Rangers much in the last couple of years?  He's been one of our best players.

I heard (from a good source) he'll be off this Summer but would be delighted if that's not the case. 

Aribo struggled to put a lengthy run of games together in his first 2 seasons and took time to find form again after each injury. 

Last year he started brilliant and ended well he did manage to stay fit long term but tired a little for sure. 

I think next year he can be different class now he is fit strong and exceptionally gifted. 

16 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Take it you haven't watched Rangers much in the last couple of years?  He's been one of our best players.

I heard (from a good source) he'll be off this Summer but would be delighted if that's not the case. 

He started well last term but finished like an also ran ,improvement needed 

Very unique skill set.

When he is on, and on the ball he is quite amazing to watch.

However, when he is off, he can look gangly, cumbersome, and slow. 

I think his dip in form, and the team's injuries last season exacerbated that.

Pushed into unnatural positions at times to make due. 

His flame dimmed.

I like Joe, we should extend, but be lookin to move overall.