The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

30 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

we are guaranteed el for the next 2 seasons with CL auto qualification up for grabs. We must invest towards achieving that. 

The amount invested is obviously important, but It is mostly about getting recruitment right and picking the right players to fit in with what your aims are.

Second spell, Walter could put together an experienced team that he could trust to carry out a game plan without having to think of a player trading model. He was allowed to bring in his players and generally got it right, especially in defence, eg. Cuellar, Weir, etc

Over the City,...... with the controlling Peter out of the way, the Fat Aussie was given free reign to bring in his players, unfortunately he got his recruitment spot-on and after predictable teething problems they were able to overhaul us with consistent results and a mentality that could win OF league games.

We need to get this window right so we can get automatic qualification for next season's CL.

So far, we see some positive signs and some not so positive.

I think we need more quality in depth middle to front or we'll continue to ship points in occasional frustrating draws against provincial pish that they will turn over.

That brings us to the OF games. Saturday is massive and we can't allow them to lay down a marker and take a 5 point advantage. Good or/and bad, we'll find out a lot about our side at the weekend.

Edited by buster.

13 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Imagine we were linked with a guy today for RW and these were his stats, as a 22 year old international with 21 caps and 7 goals:

image.png.f1cb4d3cea7e2e225f17adb2502bc887.png

20 games in two years?

P*sh. :D 

Alfredo Morelos will stay at Rangers, says Giovanni van Bronckhorst

new

Paul Forsyth

Wednesday August 31 2022, 10.30am, The Times

Van Bronckhorst said that Morelos is “a player who can give us a lot”

Van Bronckhorst said that Morelos is “a player who can give us a lot”

Alfredo Morelos will stay at Rangers beyond the end of the transfer window and be an important part of their plans for the season ahead.

Doubt has surrounded the striker’s future since he was sent off in the recent draw with Hibs and Giovanni van Bronckhorst, the Rangers manager, questioned his fitness and attitude.

Morelos was dropped from the Rangers squad, prompting calls for him to be sold, but Van Bronckhorst insisted last night that he had spoken to the 26-year-old and seen a change in his approach.

While he was suspended for the 3-1 victory against Queen of the South in the Premier Sports Cup, Morelos is eligible to feature in the Scottish Premiership derby at Celtic Park on Saturday.

“I had a good chat with him on Sunday,” Van Bronckhorst said. “He had a good week to train, but also to think about his future. I had a good talk with him.

“As I said before, he is still a Rangers player. I think he is going to be important for us in the next months and this season. I saw a change in his attitude, the way he worked. He has to continue working like this for the next coming months to be the player he can be — and a player who can give us a lot.”

Van Bronckhorst also suggested that he had no plans to add to his squad before the transfer deadline on Thursday night.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/giovanni-van-bronckhorst-alfredo-morelos-will-stay-at-rangers-7627g9k9x