The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

52 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

E.g. Matondo played most of last season as a right winger and was pretty decent. It overtook his use as a left winger, but he can play across the attack line, which is one reason we signed him

Matondo is more comfortable as a right winger for me. He lacks something coming off the left, doesn’t quite have the technique to do it very well. On the right we can exploit his pace and get him to the byline. I expect he may need time to develop though. 

Edited by DMAA

15 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Matondo is more comfortable as a right winger for me. He lacks something coming off the left, doesn’t quite have the technique to do it very well. On the right we can exploit his pace and get him to the byline. I expect he may need time to develop though. 

Truth be told, I haven`t seen (live) that much of him on either side, but he was marked as a right sided attacker when he was signed. We have quite a few players who offer us options, yet we hardly utilize them all. The players, not the options they have. Hence, today I expect to see Matondo, Ridvan, Sakala, Morelos and quite a few others.

4 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If we can’t spend now, after the financial benefits of making the EL final, the CL, the money for Gerrard and co, the money for Patterson, the money for Aribo and Bassey. Then we have to face up to the fact we will never be in a position to spend money.

We've already spent money - what is it with our fans and seeing us get to the CL and then conveniently ignore that we have already spent 3 mill on Matondo, 3 mill on Davies and 4-5 mill on Ridvan ???

Are we just now ignoring the outlay already made on players this pre-season ?

4 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

We cheaped out in Jan and lost the league. 

The financial impact of that has largely been negated but we should learn from it. 

It has been entirely negated and, more likely, has seen us actually increase our revenues due to the qualifiers and, importantly, has seen a plethora of new signings get game time to gel and get up to speed - all without any negative impact, save a shit refereeing performance at Easter Road.

Strange though it is..... losing the league has, IMO, actually helped us rather than hindered.

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Club Brugge have just signed a striker for £13.6m!

They've spent £30m after selling £50m worth of talent (60% reinvested). 

We've spent £10.7m (excluding Tillman and academy signings) after selling £27.1m (39% reinvested).

Seeing this, we could see another signing. I would like a #8 or a forward that can play wide and up front. 

We could.  Something we have to remember too is that the club have non-playing projects that need funded too - Edmiston House won't be cheap and it won't be cheap turning the Store into a bar.  These capital projects all come from the same funds - but one thing to remember is that things like Edmiston House and a bar at the stadium SHOULD see increased revenue (and hopefully profit) which in future years CAN be invested into the playing squad.

I think the Board need to be commended for this - instead of looking at just the playing squad they have realised we need to increase revenue streams and have committed to projects which will allow that to be given a chance