The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

As my old mum used to tell me just because you have a few bob in your pocket doesn’t mean yo have to run out and spend it hold on to it until the sales you might pick up a bargain , there are no bargains in the last few day’s of the transfer window .

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Have we not spent enough?

We're at about £12m, excluding Tillman and all the academy signings. 

10 million shy at least. 

not looking for us to spend 100 million here but if we don't hit 20 million spend something is wrong. 

3 minutes ago, compo said:

As my old mum used to tell me just because you have a few bob in your pocket doesn’t mean yo have to run out and spend it hold on to it until the sales you might pick up a bargain , there are no bargains in the last few day’s of the transfer window .

Van der vart disagrees. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Have we not spent enough?

We're at about £12m, excluding Tillman and all the academy signings. 

Some fans will look at the squad and it's lack of reliable depth/quality, rather than the number of fees paid.

We have done ok in some deals that haven't been about big transfer fees (perhaps a significant wage).

I think we are short given our injury problems/Morelos conundrum/plethora of players that need 'managed' due to age/chronic injury.

16 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If we can’t spend now, after the financial benefits of making the EL final, the CL, the money for Gerrard and co, the money for Patterson, the money for Aribo and Bassey. Then we have to face up to the fact we will never be in a position to spend money.

In the first place, we don't actually have our hands on most of that money yet. In the second, perhaps we already have specified intentions to spend it when we do get it. 

10 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

We cheaped out in Jan and lost the league. 

The financial impact of that has largely been negated but we should learn from it. 

Cheap doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Ramsey had quality but PREDICTABLY , he sat out more than he played. Doubt he was cheap.

Diallo was a young man who wasn't quite ready for the weight of the jersey. More youngsters will suffer this than will be a success.

Ie. Both were outside bets

Edited by buster.

24 minutes ago, buster. said:

Cheap doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Ramsey had quality but PREDICTABLY , he sat out more than he played. Doubt he was cheap.

Diallo was a young man who wasn't quite ready for the weight of the jersey. More youngsters will suffer this than will be a success.

Ie. Both were outside bets

most of the money we would have spent on Ramsey was contingent on winning the league. 

We certainly got it wrong. 

Club Brugge have just signed a striker for £13.6m!

They've spent £30m after selling £50m worth of talent (60% reinvested). 

We've spent £10.7m (excluding Tillman and academy signings) after selling £27.1m (39% reinvested).

Seeing this, we could see another signing. I would like a #8 or a forward that can play wide and up front. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Club Brugge have just signed a striker for £13.6m!

They've spent £30m after selling £50m worth of talent (60% reinvested). 

We've spent £10.7m (excluding Tillman and academy signings) after selling £27.1m (39% reinvested).

Seeing this, we could see another signing. I would like a #8 or a forward that can play wide and up front. 

I think you need to add in Patterson.  taking us to a ridiculous 26%