All smiles / Over reaction? / Early day

Perfect start to the SPL season - Played 5 won 5.

We have the biggest squad with competition for places this decade and the team has morale and confidence about it.

We have pumped 11 goals in our last 2 home league games and have just been drawn Barcelona in the Champions league.

So everything seems rosey in the garden.

But IMO we must keep our feet on the ground. We have a long long way to go in the league and the CL is about to start.

Ive read a few people going over board IMO saying things are like the old days in WS era but I cant agree with this at this early stage.

I dont want to put a downer on the mood but we have still to be really tested. We werent in a comfort mode against Zeta or Red Star at Ibrox and they dont have a patch on the sides that will come to Ibrox in the CL proper. Our realistic expections were probably just to qualify for the CL then see what we get. But financially we will be better off and we can take experience from this campaign. But the important thing is to go on and win back our SPL title so we are at the same stage next year expect with a more experienced side.

I still feel there is a lack of creativity in the team that Im hoping Buffel will sort.

We have a tough trip to Hearts next who have started poorly but got there season kickstarted away to Motherwell last week. This will be the first tricky test but with the way we are set out I think we can win there.

Lets hope the was we have started is the way it goes all season but we cant forget how bad things were a short 9 months ago.

:)

Do you think a draw at Tynecastle would be a good result, i know we want to win and stay clear top

Nah No against the Lithuania reserves I want a win and a big one would be nice :) I think I may have mentioned this before but I hate Hearts immensely and it has got a hell of a lot worse since Mad Vlad came over

Considering Hearts start I think a win is the main aim but they are such a bizarre team that we cant expect it.

Walter will get the troops sorted for it though and Im sure we can nick a win :cheers:

I feel confident going to any ground and getting a result,not saying we will but I don't dread going away now as we play with a desire now,tight at the back and create a lot of chances and we have a lot of players with goals in them.

Hearts have been bloody awful this season, I'd b really disappointed if we came away with anything other than 3 points.

I agree with Gribz, the only worry I really have about our squad now is the lack of a truly creative centre midfielder. A very promising start to the season though and that can only be good for our confidence, which will also help carry us through the long season ahead.

Hearts have been awful -Motherwell should have beaten them the other night - Motherwell had 3 or 4 clear cut chances and I thought for long spells out played Hearts.

A win is definitely achievable against Hearts.

we certainly need a bit of flair in our gameplay. dont think its down to individuals, more to do with the way walter sets his stall out. Every time ive watched Rangers this season ive felt as if the team are holding something back. we really could be doing with pushing up the park a bit more rather than defending on our own 18 yard line.