BJK - Should It Be Sung

Should BJK Be Sung  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should BJK Be Sung

• Yes, spread the word
    • No, it's all in the past

Just seen bmck comment on a thread there saying BJK shouldn't be sung

So what are your thoughts on it, i actualy like it when its sung, gets the fans bouncing for some reason. But the main thing it's bieng sung is that Celtic is trying to hide the truth when we shouldn't be letting them, they continue to sweep it under the carpet, i think now BJK is spreading, everyone seems to know now, hearts fans toke a BJK banner to Parkhead last week but got it toke of them

Whats your thoughts ??

its using child abuse as an excuse for oneupmanship. anyone who would use child abuse to their own advantage is scum.

if they really cared about the kids involved they would be taking this to somewhere appropriate - like the council, or the police, or whatever.

its using child abuse as an excuse for oneupmanship. anyone who would use child abuse to their own advantage is scum.

if they really cared about the kids involved they would be taking this to somewhere appropriate - like the council, or the police, or whatever.

If Big Jock really cared he would have went to the Police about it and it would have been sorted

If Big Jock really cared he would have went to the Police about it and it would have been sorted

its not really anything to do with anyone other than those involved and big jock himself now though, is it? i cant think of anyone for whom it is less relevant than us: or are there other examples of social injustice we sing about from the same era, or is it just the one that happens to make our rivals look bad?

its pathetic.

its not really anything to do with anyone other than those involved and big jock himself now though, is it? i cant think of anyone for whom it is less relevant than us: or are there other examples of social injustice we sing about from the same era, or is it just the one that happens to make our rivals look bad?

its pathetic.

It is also used as a taunt to Celtic, so yes it is to make our rivals look bad

i do think that if the offended parties do feel there is unresolved injustice then they should pursue it - and those horrified by what they've found about the case should support it. but it being continued by rangers supporters nowhere else than in a football match and on stupid banners is just pointless, self-congratulating, self-indulgence.

It is also used as a taunt to Celtic, so yes it is to make our rivals look bad

yeah. using someone else's misery to make your rivals look bad is pathetic. like when politicians use a death (jamie bulger's death, say) to advance their own careers (to prime ministerial success ala mr. blair).

i do think that if the offended parties do feel there is unresolved injustice then they should pursue it - and those horrified by what they've found about the case should support it. but it being continued by rangers supporters nowhere else than in a football match and on stupid banners is just pointless, self-congratulating, self-indulgence.

yeah. using someone else's misery to make your rivals look bad is pathetic. like when politicians use a death (jamie bulger's death, say) to advance their own careers (to prime ministerial success ala mr. blair).

I would say its similar to when aberdeen fans sing about Durrant. Its someones elses suffering. We don't like it.

I would say its similar to when aberdeen fans sing about Durrant. Its someones elses suffering. We don't like it.

I don't think they could be more different !

The scum from the North are jubilent about Durrants horrific injury and sing congratulations to Neil Simpson.

We're not exactly singing Jim Torbett's praises or glorifying the sexual abuse that took place.

P.s I also don't think it should be sung.

I think the main problem is the songs that are in distaste i.e Hello hello and BJK are the catchiest songs. What i think we need is to get new songs on the go, proper Rangers songs and get the word spread. Id love it if we were to have a You'll never walk alone sung at Ibrox and the only thing that comes close is Hello hello.

Im with Bmck on the child abuse issue on this one, rather not sing it

Fraser,

You are failing to see that this manner of "oneupmanship" actually casts RANGERS FANS in a negative light because it is a very low form of trying to taunt opposing fans.

Whether BJK or not, the man is long gone, the incident is so far in the past that you weren't even born and on top of that it is using a very raw, sensitive subject to try to gain the upper hand on Celtic.

I have to say that sitting in amongst TBO on Saturday was great - but I was appalled when I heard the BJK chants. They serve no purpose of supporting Rangers as a club, quite the opposite IMO.

And as br1ndy says, when the sheep sing about Durrant we are utterly appalled - yet we are hypocrites ourselves when it comes to the BJK chants.

People in glass houses and all that......