Increase in VPN sales coming

1 hour ago, craig said:

Agreed, plus SPFL TV would literally see monies going into a pot whereby we pay for every other club.  No thanks.  Let each club have its own digital media including TV. 

Absolutely right. I have no intention of funding Scottish football. Besides, as you imply, the era of group TV arrangements is over and digital media is well within the reach of any club that's likely to have enough subscribers to justify it. It would be just like the SPFL to bury its head in the past though.

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Happy to pay for a VPN and subscribe to RTV. However the broadcasters will catch on and stamp down on this somehow. They have cut back on the illegal streaming.

Don’t see how the broadcasters can stamp down on people using a VPN?

3 hours ago, Bill said:

If they could it would have been done long ago.

Thing is I have used VPN when trying to watch a match on RTV and have been told by RTV that they know I am using a VPN so I couldn’t watch the match!!!!!

didn’t mean to quote myself 😂😂

Edited by ian1964

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

Thing is I have used VPN when trying to watch a match on RTV and have been told by RTV that they know I am using a VPN so I couldn’t watch the match!!!!!

Never had that issue, possibly your internet provider monitoring your activity.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

didn’t mean to quote myself 😂😂

I've never heard of that happening  ... at RTV or anywhere else. Nor can I see why RTV would've the slightest interest in limiting it's market by hounding its paying customers. I think you might have left a back door open to snoopers. Are you using a reputable VPN service?

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

I've never heard of that happening  ... at RTV or anywhere else. Nor can I see why RTV would've the slightest interest in limiting it's market by hounding its paying customers. I think you might have left a back door open to snoopers. Are you using a reputable VPN service?

I use CyberGhost, to be clear it only happened twice, I changed my country and then it was fine, but it did happen 

Just now, ian1964 said:

I use CyberGhost, to be clear it only happened twice, I changed my country and then it was fine, but it did happen 

NordVPN is probably the best rated but Cyberghost is very good too - it's what I use. Out of interest, can you remember which country you used when you had the problem?

Just now, Bill said:

NordVPN is probably the best rated but Cyberghost is very good too - it's what I use. Out of interest, can you remember which country you used when you had the problem?

I think it was Germany, maybe Belgium or France? once I changed to USA it was fine