Increase in VPN sales coming

Was there any analysis around how clubs did with generating income from fans on their own pay-per-view services during covid times? It seems online that fans of nearly every club think Sky do a shit job of Scottish coverage, so am surprised there's not been talk of an alternative "SPFL TV" idea.

6 minutes ago, ascender said:

Was there any analysis around how clubs did with generating income from fans on their own pay-per-view services during covid times? It seems online that fans of nearly every club think Sky do a shit job of Scottish coverage, so am surprised there's not been talk of an alternative "SPFL TV" idea.

That should be the last thing Rangers get involved with.

1 hour ago, ascender said:

Didn’t we try to do something like this 25 years ago when that clown Roger Mitchell was SPL chief executive? 😂

• Frankie changed the title to Increase in VPN sales coming
12 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Didn’t we try to do something like this 25 years ago when that clown Roger Mitchell was SPL chief executive? 😂

Yes, it was round about the time of Setanta wasn't it?

Why do you say that @Bill? Nobody seems happy with the current TV deal so we should be trying to do something about it.

I know its the "nobody likes us, we don't care attitude", but we're stuck in Scotland so need to box clever and try to make changes which will be of benefit to us and the game as a whole.

2 hours ago, ascender said:

Why do you say that @Bill? Nobody seems happy with the current TV deal so we should be trying to do something about it.

On the contrary, I am happy with the current arrangement. Rangers TV already caters for Rangers fans worldwide and I have zero interest in watching any game that doesn't involve Rangers. Watching RTV means paying a subscription fee, which I would much rather goes to Rangers than some broadcaster like Sky or Setanta who only ever cover a fraction of our games anyway.

37 minutes ago, Bill said:

On the contrary, I am happy with the current arrangement. Rangers TV already caters for Rangers fans worldwide and I have zero interest in watching any game that doesn't involve Rangers. Watching RTV means paying a subscription fee, which I would much rather goes to Rangers than some broadcaster like Sky or Setanta who only ever cover a fraction of our games anyway.

Agreed, plus SPFL TV would literally see monies going into a pot whereby we pay for every other club.  No thanks.  Let each club have its own digital media including TV. 

42 minutes ago, Bill said:

Sky or Setanta who only ever cover a fraction of our games anyway.

Have had calls from Sky and my current providers(Virgin) offering deals for football coverage and my reply to them was that I am only interested in watching my own team so no matter what their offer was it was no use to me---immediate hanging up from them.