Champions League Fixtures Released

Wednesday, September 19 - VfB Stuttgart (h)

Tuesday, October 2 - Lyon (a)

Tuesday, October 23 - Barcelona (h)

Wednesday, November 7 - Barcelona (a)

Tuesday, November 27 - Stuttgart (a)

Wednesday, December 12 - Lyon (h)

Must admit I'm delighted with that draw... :cool:

Obviously, we have minimal chance of going through and even finishing 3rd would be a fine achievement given the quality of the group. However 2 years ago, we were given little chance against Inter and Porto yet were only beaten by a deflected goal in one game.

This is an even stiffer test so it's best if we approach it as positively as possible. We're in the process of building a new team with some young Scottish players. Being tested against the likes of Barca, Lyon and Stuttgart can only help the development of the McGregors, Huttons, Smiths, Whittakers, Thomsons and Boyds. The more experienced players will be eager to improve their reputations and every one of them will enjoy the test.

From a supporter's perspective, well these are the kind of games the CL is all about. Yes, qualification from the group is what the competition is all about and that should always be our aim. However, if we don't make it, we'll still see some great players and some great games over the piece.

Can we qualify? Probably not. Can we finish 3rd? Yes. Will the experience make our team stronger? Yes. Will this raise our profile and make us more money? Definitely.

Now to think of a way to persuade my wife to let me go to Barca less than a month after our first child is born... ;)

Guest carter001

I can see us getting a few draws. I don't think we will be fancy to watch but, we will frustrate teams and hopefully sneak something on the break, home and away.

I can see us getting through in this group to be honest. Lyon and Stuttgart are not the teams they were and have both lost key players. Draws out(preferably score draws) and home wins will do me.