[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 5' Pen; Morelos 57') - 0 Hibernian

16 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

You can sing laurels on Kent all you like, if someone plays as an attacker/striker he should have a better goal return than a bang average left winger. As I said, he can play as a left winger or from a deeper role, no problem. He thus can go on and run teams ragged and create chances ... who others can put away.

Kamara must play for a different Finland then. His goal thread as a DM or CM is de facto minimal. If we have Lundstram, Jack or Co. doing the DM`s job, there is no need to play another DM/CM with no real attacking threat in him ... right now.

He isnt playing as a striker so I have no idea why you use the "attacker/striker" - seems as if you are just trying to force it in there to try and justify your point.  I would say that, for a winger, which is exactly what he is, a return of 4 assists in two games is far superior to "bang average" numbers.

Kamara isnt being used as an AM at Rangers, doesnt mean he can't play the role.  He hasnt been asked to be a goal threat, he has been asked to be the pivot.  So his goal threat WOULD be minimal.  But on the weekend he came on in place of Jack, played higher up the pitch and scored.  Bringing Kamara on as a direct replacement for Jack made sense.  It isnt as if Kamara is starting games being asked to play as an AM, he isnt.  Right now we are playing, essentially, two pivots whereby if one sits the other is allowed to break forward.  That is not the same as playing as an AM.  Given we are playing a 4-2-3-1 right now I am not sure how you can suggest Kamara is playing as an AM when that central position in the "3" has been locked down by Aribo and, if not him, then it is Ramsey coming on and filling that position.

18 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Wee sidenote. The Scum`s 3rd goal was rather debatable again, as one of their players was offside and then stopped Bates getting to the ball and Jota, who scored, thus becoming actively interfering with play.

Their manager was apoplectic about it on radio - and apparently the ref refused to allow him to even speak to him after the game.

4 minutes ago, craig said:

He isnt playing as a striker so I have no idea why you use the "attacker/striker" - seems as if you are just trying to force it in there to try and justify your point.  I would say that, for a winger, which is exactly what he is, a return of 4 assists in two games is far superior to "bang average" numbers.

Kamara isnt being used as an AM at Rangers, doesnt mean he can't play the role.  He hasnt been asked to be a goal threat, he has been asked to be the pivot.  So his goal threat WOULD be minimal.  But on the weekend he came on in place of Jack, played higher up the pitch and scored.  Bringing Kamara on as a direct replacement for Jack made sense.  It isnt as if Kamara is starting games being asked to play as an AM, he isnt.  Right now we are playing, essentially, two pivots whereby if one sits the other is allowed to break forward.  That is not the same as playing as an AM.  Given we are playing a 4-2-3-1 right now I am not sure how you can suggest Kamara is playing as an AM when that central position in the "3" has been locked down by Aribo and, if not him, then it is Ramsey coming on and filling that position.

In a 3-up-top, Kent shouldn`t have stats of a winger. Sakala and Roofe have played in 4-3-3s and done admirably. We create chances by the score and don`t take them. You saw what Kent produced yesterday. If that in your eyes validate a starting and 90-min-playing slot ahead of Roofe and/or Sakala, so be it. I don`t. I said where I would use Kent instead.

Kamara played ahead of Lundstram and more or less alongside Aribo and Arfield, who was covering Tav`s runs time and again. Why use a CM/DM there and not an AM (or indeed another striker) who would have given as more penetration? Simple question.

57 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Wee sidenote. The Scum`s 3rd goal was rather debatable again, as one of their players was offside and then stopped Bates getting to the ball and Jota, who scored, thus becoming actively interfering with play.

Aberdeen should have had a penalty too. Laughable and depressing. 

55 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

In a 3-up-top, Kent shouldn`t have stats of a winger. Sakala and Roofe have played in 4-3-3s and done admirably. We create chances by the score and don`t take them. You saw what Kent produced yesterday. If that in your eyes validate a starting and 90-min-playing slot ahead of Roofe and/or Sakala, so be it. I don`t. I said where I would use Kent instead.

Kamara played ahead of Lundstram and more or less alongside Aribo and Arfield, who was covering Tav`s runs time and again. Why use a CM/DM there and not an AM (or indeed another striker) who would have given as more penetration? Simple question.

As I said before the Hearts game, like it or not, on his game (As he has been in last two games), Kent is not only the best player at Ibrox, he is best player in our league. 

He strikes fear into defenders and got an assist last night by winning the penalty (and arguabley could and should have had a second).

2nd half he wasn't as dangerous but was very unlucky with a shot that Hibs defender and keeper somehow between them deflected it over the bar. 

I'd have Ryan Kent in my team every day of the week as said above when he is on his game he can be unplayable. 

35 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think that's the main issue.  How often is Kent 'on his game'?

About 10% of the time this season.

Really? Last season he was consistent and consistantly our bedt player.

This season he has been hampered with injuries. Played the 1st OF game of the season whilst clearly injured and could barely walk off the pitch, yet he was still our most dangerous player during that game. 

We are a poorer team when Kent (and especially) Morelos aren't playing or playing below their usual standards and we have nobody to replace them when they are missing or their form drops.