[FT] Hearts 0 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 9; Aribo 14)

10 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

We’d lost our way somewhat under Gerrard. 

1 defeat in 52 league games tells a different story..... 

If Gio and his team have the same  record (or better) this time next year, we can start making comparisons.

However the early signs are encouraging. 

19 minutes ago, CammyF said:

1 defeat in 52 league games tells a different story..... 

If Gio and his team have the same  record (or better) this time next year, we can start making comparisons.

However the early signs are encouraging. 

I was meaning we’d lost our way this season. For me something wasn’t right since we lost to malmo home & away.

16 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I was meaning we’d lost our way this season. For me something wasn’t right since we lost to malmo home & away.

We'll never know, we might have turned it around under SG. It's the same players, same formation and same tactics (with little tweaks).

The major difference is that Gio has taken over when we are in a position of strength and has inherited a fantastic squad. 

Edited by CammyF

15 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

There's no doubt whatsoever that things have picked up considerably since GvB arrived ... or that we had lost our way. Whatever Gerrard's long term record might be, the fact is the team was floundering at the time he left. The only comparison that matters is Gerrard's last five games versus Gio's first five games and, whatever happens in the future, the difference so far is stark. It isn't a matter of comparing one manager with another, it's about comparing team performances before and after the change  of manager.

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

We'll never know, we might have turned it around under SG. It's the same players, same formation and same tactics (with little tweaks).

The major difference is that Gio has taken over when we are in a position of strength and has inherited a fantastic squad. 

I’d say we may well have dropped points today if Gerrard was still in charge.

For whatever reason we seemed to be starting games poorly & conceding early doors towards the end of his time here.

Today hertz, as expected, came flying out the traps from kick off. I just thought we seemed better prepared.

And the Aribo goal from the long ball was clearly something we’d been planning. Goldson tried the same thing minutes earlier but was unlucky that the ball was slightly over hit. It was as if we’d been working on playing against hertz back three. Aribo got in the space between their two CB’s

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Struggling to understand why gordon wasn't sent off. 

No attempt to play the ball just booted him. 

alfie being offside should have no bearing on that and if you are going to yellow him you have to go red. 

Gordon is the Blue eyed boy though eh. Like when shearer was untouchable down south. 

There were one or two others IIRC. 
One on lundstram I remember 

‘endangering an opponent’  is how I believe it is called nowadays 

19 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I’d say we may well have dropped points today if Gerrard was still in charge.

For whatever reason we seemed to be starting games poorly & conceding early doors towards the end of his time here.

Today hertz, as expected, came flying out the traps from kick off. I just thought we seemed better prepared.

And the Aribo goal from the long ball was clearly something we’d been planning. Goldson tried the same thing minutes earlier but was unlucky that the ball was slightly over hit. It was as if we’d been working on playing against hertz back three. Aribo got in the space between their two CB’s

We might, we might not have lost points today if SG was still the manager, we'll never know for sure.

When SG left us we had lost 1 league game in 52 (iirc), not a bad record and doesn't point to us losing many games.

We done nothing new today. The long ball from Goldson was something we utilised under SG on many occasions.

I'm not downplaying the start we've had under Gio, in fact I'm on record as stating that in opinion Gio can be an upgrade. However, it's up to him to continue the good work of the previous manager and backroom staff. 

But Gio hasn't taken over a team who were struggling, we were top of the league, we were well placed in Europe, we were in a semi-final and they had assembled a great squad of players. Not a bad starting point for the new manager and his team. 

Edited by CammyF