The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

Rangers transfer latest as Mateusz Zukowski undergoes medical

RANGERS' pursuit of Mateusz Zukowski has this morning stepped up.

The Lechia Gdansk right-back is reportedly in Glasgow to complete his move to Ibrox.

The Athletic say that the 20-year-old is currently undergoing a medical as the finer details of the transfer are tied up.

The Polish under-21 internationalist will be drafted in to Giovanni van Bronckhorst's side to provide cover for James Tavernier. 

The defender made his professional debut in 2017 having spent his youth career at Lechia Gdansk too, coming all the way up through the ranks. He went on to make 60 appearances at the club.

However, his contract is up at the end of this season and this has peaked Rangers' interest.

And it looks like the deal will be complete soon. 

Rangers have already signed Jamie Sands and Amad Diallo so far in this window, with Nathan Patterson going out the door to Everton.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19886489.rangers-transfer-latest-mateusz-zukowski-undergoes-medical/

14 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Ramsey very close to the Glasgow Rangers, 2.5 million euros in contract, loan until June and purchase option for 5.5 million ... Practically done

This guy is supposed to be very reputable and trusted on Juve stories. 

Wow just Wow 

Hope he is up for it. 

But to go from 400k a week to 40k. just seems impossible 

Edited by the gunslinger

10 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'll say it: I don't mind losing Kamara for a sizable fee. 

We've got cover. 

That gives me the fear. Kamara is the Goldson of our midfield. Always available, never injured, and very consistent. 

Edited by DMAA

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

That gives me the fear. Kamara is the Goldson of our midfield. Always available, never injured, and very consistent. 

At least until he makes another short square pass, then he's the next whipping boy... :facepalm: 

Sands steps into the #6 role, but we've also got Jack and Lundstram to cover. 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

At least until he makes another short square pass, then he's the next whipping boy... :facepalm: 

Sands steps into the #6 role, but we've also got Jack and Lundstram to cover. 

It's just that Kamara is streets ahead of Sands on the ball, and going forward. Ryan Jack, yes but obviously there's the risk. Lundstram, again just a big downgrade.

15 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Don’t say that!

If we absolutely had to lose one of our more valuable assets then as long as the price was right I would definitely choose Kamara and certainly before Kent, Morelos or Aribo.

Just now, Bill said:

If we absolutely had to lose one of our more valuable assets then as long as the price was right I would definitely choose Kamara and certainly before Kent, Morelos or Aribo.

Kent every day of the week for me. But that won't be a surprise to anyone. We'd need a replacement of course.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

It's just that Kamara is streets ahead of Sands on the ball, and going forward. Ryan Jack, yes but obviously there's the risk. Lundstram, again just a big downgrade.

To be blunt, none of us has the slightest idea what Sands will deliver.

Edited by Bill