Whittaker- Hutton, Burke-Hutton

I'd keep Burke and Buffel to see if they could offer anything but the other 3 have no future and hopefully we could get some money in for them

There is no way we will get money for Ehiogu. He is one I could see being released when/if we get Webster signed on a permanent basis.

That's strong looking squad even if all the aforementioned guys did leave. I would also add Adam to the lis of possible departures

I thought that too but gave him the benefit of the doubt. Stevie Smith also has a question mark as he has yet to play under Smith due to a very prolonged injury.

Graeme Smith and Gow are very much bit part players for the moment but having just signed are obviously there to boost the squad numbers when the inevitable Rangers injury crisis looms it's ugly head again.

Take those away and we have a definite core of 18 players, who if fit, will pretty much pick themselves for the squad for Europe.

At home three of them obviously have to sit in the stand to make way for the under 21's.

Looks to me that the days are numbered for Ehiogu, Murray, Burke, Buffel and Sebo, none of whom look to have won a place in Walter's plans.

I thought that Ehiogu, Burke and Buffel were still injured (or coming back from injury) and this is why they haven't featured just yet. Oh and due to the dreaded U-21 rule.

I thought that Ehiogu, Burke and Buffel were still injured (or coming back from injury) and this is why they haven't featured just yet. Oh and due to the dreaded U-21 rule.

That may be true, but can you really see them getting a start in the team even if they are fully fit?

Ehiogu is now way down the pecking order, he was a stop gap that needed an 18 month contract to get him to sign.

Burke is too fragile and inconsistent - even more so since his inflated new contract after protracted negotiations; but he has surely now been displaced by Whittaker, who is now backed up by McCulloch, who in turn has his place on the left then taken up by Beasley?

Rangers have tried to move Buffel on a couple of times and with his poor work ethic, can you really see him working himself into Smith's plans with the size of the squad and the results we're getting? If he gets back to full fitness, I can see him getting a few substitute appearances - to put him in the shop window. He's still a player we should be able to get over 1M for and I'm sure Walter would prefer the money.

Of the three, I would say only Burke has a slim chance of redeeming himself, although I wouldn't bet on it.

I fancy the other two to be gone by the end of the season, if not in January.

What is clear is that WS saw what we needed, players who will fight for the team,now that he has signed this type of players the likes of Buffel & Burke really have to prove themselves now to get considered for a start

Guest Stoney
Seems to me, from the reports i have read, that the difference between the two couples is that Whittaker and Hutton seem to compliment each other, where as i always thought that Burke and Hutton kept getting in each others road.

Burke has now fallen so far down the pecking order that it would not surprise me if he was offloaded possibly before the end of the month. He does have magic moments but they are to few and far between.

I hope so.

He just isn't consistent enough for me.

I have no doubt the guy has ability but he only uses it when he can be arsed.

I hope the that the fans haven't given up on Burke already,everything that has been said on here about him is correct,however let's not be too quick to disgard him, he has talent, he has struggled with injuries, but he is still young and he has just signed a new contract.The way the team has started this season all the players that have been left out have a fight on their hands to get into the side,exactly how it should be IMO,so let's hope that the wee man gets back to his best which will only be good for the GERS !!

I hope the that the fans haven't given up on Burke already,everything that has been said on here about him is correct,however let's not be too quick to disgard him, he has talent, he has struggled with injuries, but he is still young and he has just signed a new contract.The way the team has started this season all the players that have been left out have a fight on their hands to get into the side,exactly how it should be IMO,so let's hope that the wee man gets back to his best which will only be good for the GERS !!

Am I right in saying that in the season before last Burke was POTY (albeit in a psih team) and last season was wrecked with his freak illness at Aberdeen, or has my memory become completely addled? If so I think it's only fair he gets this season to reclaim that form.

Am I right in saying that in the season before last Burke was POTY (albeit in a psih team) and last season was wrecked with his freak illness at Aberdeen, or has my memory become completely addled? If so I think it's only fair he gets this season to reclaim that form.

Agreed mate,my point exactly :cheers: