Whittaker- Hutton, Burke-Hutton

Seems to me, from the reports i have read, that the difference between the two couples is that Whittaker and Hutton seem to compliment each other, where as i always thought that Burke and Hutton kept getting in each others road.

Burke has now fallen so far down the pecking order that it would not surprise me if he was offloaded possibly before the end of the month.

He does have magic moments but they are to few and far between.

Defineftly a partnership in the making. They seem to know how each other play and are willing to make the move down the wings for one another.

The falkirk left back, scobbie, had a nightmare tryin to deal with them.

There was one point when fergie hutton and whittaker were on the right side with hundreds of room waving for the ball from big davie weir.

I was very impressed with Whittaker's debut, espceially in the first half. His runs from deep, his through balls and the overlaps with Hutton were things we have missed at Ibrox. Hopefully they can both remain injury free and go on to build a formidable partnership on the right.

Looks to me that the days are numbered for Ehiogu, Murray, Burke, Buffel and Sebo, none of whom look to have won a place in Walter's plans.

That leaves a favoured nucleus of 22 players:

MacGregor Carroll Smith

Hutton Broadfoot Wier Cueller Webster Papac Smith

Whitaker McCulloch Ferguson Hemdani Thomson Beasley Adam

Novo Boyd Gow Darchelville Cousin

Although its only been one game, i agree it does look very promising for the Hutton/Whittaker partnership.

Last time i remember having good communication down one side was when Numan was playing for us (on the left obviously), Albertz/Gio/Lovenkrands.... didnt really matter who was playing in front of him, he linked up well with all of them.

Laudrup was probably the last time we had it on the right!

Looks to me that the days are numbered for Ehiogu, Murray, Burke, Buffel and Sebo, none of whom look to have won a place in Walter's plans.

MacGregor Carroll Smith

I'd keep Burke and Buffel to see if they could offer anything but the other 3 have no future and hopefully we could get some money in for them

MacGregor Carroll Smith

That's strong looking squad even if all the aforementioned guys did leave. I would also add Adam to the lis of possible departures