Ronald Waterreus wins against David Beckum

Guest SerbianLoyal

1. He is inmodest considering his roots.

2. He is well payed but his comittment to the football is nowhere to be found.

3. He could achive more as the football player if he cared for the these two previous things.

That's for me...

1. He is inmodest considering his roots.

so, if he acted like he does but came from more upper class roots it would be ok?

and he's never appeared anything other than modest to me.

2. He is well payed but his comittment to the football is nowhere to be found.

to continue captaining your country after death threats to you and your family takes a fair bit of commitment, wouldn't you say?

3. He could achive more as the football player if he cared for the these two previous things.

what more is that he should have achieved? the onyl thing he hasn't done is win the world cup. and its not his fault he's english.

To be honest, I've a huge amount of time for Beckham. He's not the smartest guy in the world or the most blessed footballer, but he has his talents and has worked damn hard to get to a level most players only dream of.

Guest SerbianLoyal
so, if he acted like he does but came from more upper class roots it would be ok?

and he's never appeared anything other than modest to me.

I have certain views about life so there's no need to twist my words. Coming from the working class he never showed enough will to encourage younger people or tried seriously to help on the other way. The only inspiring thing at him is his money so children around the world now have a bad role model...

to continue captaining your country after death threats to you and your family takes a fair bit of commitment, wouldn't you say?

It's not commitment to the football as the game. It's commitment to his country (which is more important). I was pointing that he never did enough for the development of the football in the countries of the "third world".

what more is that he should have achieved? the onyl thing he hasn't done is win the world cup. and its not his fault he's english.

And the European title... beckam is not even in the first 10 English players of the all time considering his achievements. If you saw the boy from the beginning of his career which playerd with a passion and this "symbol" today you know. If he played with the same hunger he'll probably achieve much more on the personal (not team) level...