Had a hard time of it recently with his scoring "drought", but the big man loves to hit the back of the net as seen by his celebrations. It's the only time he doesn't look like a sour faced git. My favourite sight from yesterday:

0,,5~3366864,00.jpg

0,,5~3366887,00.jpg

Look at him after the initial emotion has faded though:

0,,5~3366890,00.jpg

:D

Getting off the mark yesterday will certainly have eased some of the pressure on him.

I wonder how much of his reaction was down to relief?

The celebration was over-exuberant, even by Boyd's standard, whom I love watching celebrate.

Getting off the mark yesterday will certainly have eased some of the pressure on him.

I wonder how much of his reaction was down to relief?

A lot i would think. I think he has been feeling the pressure of all the criticism and feeling the heat of the new strikers coming in

Boyd loves playing for the GERS and i for one hope he continues to play for us,as that will mean he'll be scoring,he won't be far away from top scorer in the SPL this season again,especially as we have a more attacking team now.

Was delighted for Boydy. Takes a lot of criticism - some valid, some not - and you could see he badly needed a goal for his confidence.

Tough competition up front and that's exactly what we need as a club.

50,000 was pleased for him to get on the score sheet on Saturday

He could of had a hattrick, headered one of the post which fell to Darche and then was wrestling on the line to get the ball over until it fell to Darche