Rangers Fans Outstanding At Ibrox

I thought the atmosphere was fantastic on Saturday. I brought my girlfriend for the first time since the advocatt days and even she commented on the singing and the band from the Broomloan stand.

If this is what we sound like against St Mirren and Falkirk I can't wait for the first big games against the sheep and the scum.

Praise where it's due, however:

Does anyone really think we do ourselves any favours by singing this 'Big Jock knew' song at various times throughout games? Firstly, it has nothing to do with our football club, and really nothing to do with football in general, and secondly, weren't we moaning when other supporters were singing 'Richard Gough child molester' ?

Aren't we just making ourselves look just as bad?

We can post great big huge articles about how good our atmosphere is, etc, but as long as we continue to indulge in such songs then we won't do ourselves any favours, and can't really complain about the sheep, etc, when they sing their shite

A big improvement i admit, but we still need to think about certain songs! Give me the Sash and Follow Follow anyday before Big Jock Knew (PS, the people selling these Big Jock Knew scarves, well, i dont know what to say about them :mad: )

Praise where it's due, however:

Does anyone really think we do ourselves any favours by singing this 'Big Jock knew' song at various times throughout games? Firstly, it has nothing to do with our football club, and really nothing to do with football in general, and secondly, weren't we moaning when other supporters were singing 'Richard Gough child molester' ?

Aren't we just making ourselves look just as bad?

We can post great big huge articles about how good our atmosphere is, etc, but as long as we continue to indulge in such songs then we won't do ourselves any favours, and can't really complain about the sheep, etc, when they sing their shite

A big improvement i admit, but we still need to think about certain songs! Give me the Sash and Follow Follow anyday before Big Jock Knew (PS, the people selling these Big Jock Knew scarves, well, i dont know what to say about them :mad: )

Don't agree with the scarve selling. Counter-productive imo. However at least its not a made up lie being sung about. The comparison with Gough does not hodl up.

The most enlightened involved in the campaign are not doing so for kicks and giggles I don't beleive, but to highlight a serious issue and perhaps eventually draw an apology from the offending club. Unfortunately it appears there are also many idiots tagging on who are just point scoring.

The most enlightened involved in the campaign are not doing so for kicks and giggles I don't beleive, but to highlight a serious issue and perhaps eventually draw an apology from the offending club. Unfortunately it appears there are also many idiots tagging on who are just point scoring.

Surely there are other ways to do so then, rather than singing the song at a time when our club is under such scrutiny?

I fail to see how the two are connected though?

... because we seem to be under more scrutiny that others (wrongly of course)

Let me make one thing clear: I despise the cover up that clearly went on at Celtic park, it should have came out in the open properly, but never did

However, i get totally embarrassed when i hear our support singing this song. Time to cut it out :mad:

I agree, we are in no position to put Jock Stein or Celtic on trial and singing that song isn't helping our football club. I am glad the atmosphere is getting better but i would rather have us singing Rangers songs as songs that have nothing to do with our club.

I agree, we are in no position to put Jock Stein or Celtic on trial and singing that song isn't helping our football club. I am glad the atmosphere is getting better but i would rather have us singing Rangers songs as songs that have nothing to do with our club.

Thank you, i'm glad i'm not alone :)