Forward pairing for Killie

I think we'll all agree that we look a better side playing 4-4-2 (yes there is a place for 4-5-1-) and that is how we should line up in the majority of SPL games.

So on that basis who should start up top against Killie and perhaps into the next few fixtures.

I'll start with the obvious. Sebo is not in contention.

Cousin is in rich goalscoring form since joining the club and seems to be the most well rounded of our strikers with pace, aerial ability and two good feet. It seems most peopel have him down as a MOM contender today and he must get one of the slots.

His starting strike partner seems to have had an unfortunate afternoon. many see him only as a supersub, however I have stated this cannot continue for ever in my opinion. Being benched after every good substitute performance will lead him becoming demotivated as he has no incentive to perform when he comes on. He finally got the start many demanded he got and that he had earned. But it was not his day. Normally iwould not advocate dropping a form player after one bad game, however Nacho is in the unenviable position of seeing the other strikers come on and get amongst the goals, so it should be one of the other two.

Darcheville came on late today and grabbed his first two goals for the club as well as setting one up. His direct running causes problems and today he scored two Kris Boyd-esque goals; right place right time to slot away the rebounds.

However I really want to see Cousin and Boyd play a few games togeteher. I think these two could flourish as a partnership. Boyd ended is own goalscoring drought breaking his duck for the season. A crossball from Cousin was struck behind him but he turned well to fire the ball in from 8 yards. He is our most natural finisher and given the games he will finish top of the scoring charts again. He also had a hand in two others. A good backpost header hit the joint of the crossbar and post which fell kindly to JCD to tuck away. Boyd also got on the end of a good move that ended with a cross ball from Fergie. His run was well marshalled by the defender and the ball again broke to JCD to tuck away.

I really think a partnership of Cousin and Boyd could take the SPL by storm and fire us into the CL (although expect 451 for that one).

I would like to see boyd and cousin get a run in the team together. Both players can and will score goals. we have been crying out for a striking partner for boyd and cousin fits the bill perfectly. we really could be onto something big if walter takes the chance. heres hoping.

It must remain Cousin and Novo....

Novo may not have scored and he did pass up two good chances - the first one in particular would have put us 3-0 up but he did play well.

From the very start his hard work, pace and directness meant we played with a better tempo and while actually having 2 strikers per se obviously also helped, I'm not sure we'd have got the same start with another combination.