Irish international Ian Harte hopes to have a new club sorted within the next week.

The former Leeds left-back has just left Spanish side Levante and is now locked in talks with a number of prospective employers.

Sunderland and Celtic are said to be heading the chase for the 29-year-old.

Talks

"I'm flying back to England on Sunday or Monday and I will hopefully have a few offers on the table by then," Harte told The Irish Daily Star.

"My aim is to get a club move sorted as quickly as possible. Then I can see about nailing down a place in Steve Staunton's squad for the rest of the Euro 2008 qualifiers."

Never realised that he was only 29,a decent left back IMO

Irish international Ian Harte hopes to have a new club sorted within the next week.

The former Leeds left-back has just left Spanish side Levante and is now locked in talks with a number of prospective employers.

Sunderland and Celtic are said to be heading the chase for the 29-year-old.

Talks

"I'm flying back to England on Sunday or Monday and I will hopefully have a few offers on the table by then," Harte told The Irish Daily Star.

"My aim is to get a club move sorted as quickly as possible. Then I can see about nailing down a place in Steve Staunton's squad for the rest of the Euro 2008 qualifiers."

Never realised that he was only 29,a decent left back IMO

He's always linked with Celtic isn't he? Have they ever wanted him or is this down to his agent?

Guest Stoney
Dunno mate,he is still being linked with C****c and Sunderland :confused:

I think he once mentioned that he was a tim as a kid so that's probably the reason behind it.

Levante released him.