Novo

Guest davierfc

Guest davierfc

Imo Nacho Novo has to start 2morrow after his performances this season so far the wee man deserves a starting slot in the first 11, how many times has he changed games this season (every one so far) I think walter must give him another 2 year contract and i've no doubt he would sign in a flash as he wants to play for the Gersey and always gives 110% in every game imo :cheers:

NachoNovoLoyal :)

Imo Nacho Novo has to start 2morrow after his performances this season so far the wee man deserves a starting slot in the first 11, how many times has he changed games this season (every one so far) I think walter must give him another 2 year contract and i've no doubt he would sign in a flash as he wants to play for the Gersey and always gives 110% in every game imo :cheers:

NachoNovoLoyal :)

I'd be very suprised if you got any arguements about him starting v Falkirk.

Said it before, behind maybe only Cuellar in terms of his contribution this season imo.

Good news Davie:

Smith: Novo will start

Rangers manager Walter Smith has promised Nacho Novo the chance to start.

The Spanish striker has been on the bench at the start of the season as Smith looks at all his available options.

Novo has starred in cameo roles for The Gers and will be given the opportunity to impress as a starter soon enough.

"He has always been in our reckoning," Smith said. "He has never been far away from our teams since I came here.

"He has played a part for us over the months we have been here and has played exceptionally well coming on as substitute in the last few games.

"When he has come on, he has given us a really good performance but I don't think you can say someone is better as a substitute than as a player.

"It's just a set of circumstances. We have other players to see, newer players to have a look at and that's the reason he has been on the bench."

Smith has also urged midfielder Alan Gow to be patient as he waits for his debut for Rangers.

"It's one of those situations where he hasn't really had an opportunity to come in yet," he added.

"When you have a big squad, it means quite a number of them have to miss out.

"I'm sure once things settle down, we will see a bit more of him."

I don't think i've ever wanted a player to have a good game as much as I hope Nacho does this weekend. If anyone deserves a starting slot its Novo and I hope he takes this chance and cements a place in the starting line up. His form has demanded he starts.

One point though, if sky sports can run this story, why is it not on the official site?

Good news Davie:

Smith: Novo will start

I don't think i've ever wanted a player to have a good game as much as I hope Nacho does this weekend. If anyone deserves a starting slot its Novo and I hope he takes this chance and cements a place in the starting line up. His form has demanded he starts.

One point though, if sky sports can run this story, why is it not on the official site?

Read the article again, Smith doesn't say he will be starting tomorrow, only that he will get his chance to start "soon enough" - that may, or may not, be tomorrow.

I think WS also said that the wee man has to remain patient but that his chance will come - I think WS is letting him down gently for tomorrow but hope I am wrong, would like to see Nacho getting the start his play and impact so thoroughly deserves.

Read the article again, Smith doesn't say he will be starting tomorrow, only that he will get his chance to start "soon enough" - that may, or may not, be tomorrow.

I think WS also said that the wee man has to remain patient but that his chance will come - I think WS is letting him down gently for tomorrow but hope I am wrong, would like to see Nacho getting the start his play and impact so thoroughly deserves.

Didn't bother reading it til after I posted :o .

By the time I realised my mistake I couldn't be arsed to change.

I agree with your interpretation of the article, but hope we're wrong.

Novo is a vital part of the team and no boubt he deserves to start,but the wee man is full of confidence and knows he WS & Ally rate him highly,we have other players who also need to get introduced sooner rather than later,Gow & Whittaker for instance,don't get me wrong i think he deserves to start,but as long as he feels at ease with the situation i don't think you will see him complain,but idefo think he should be given a contract extension if not just to prove to him how important he is to us