Fixtures accross Europe

With most of the competitions getting under way last week and this i thought it would be interesting to take a look across Europe and pick out some of the better fixtures.

Germany:

Friday, 17 August 2007

Karlsruhe v Hannover 96, 19:30

Saturday, 18 August 2007

Arminia Bielefeld v Eintracht Frankfurt, 14:30

Hansa Rostock v Nurnberg, 14:30

Hertha Berlin v VfB Stuttgart, 14:30

MSV Duisburg v Wolfsburg, 14:30

Schalke 04 v Borussia Dortmund, 14:30

Werder Bremen v Bayern Munich, 14:30

Sunday, 19 August 2007

Cottbus v VfL Bochum, 16:00

Hamburg v Bayer Leverkusen, 16:00

Three fixtures stand out for me here, Schalke 04 v Borussia Dortmund, Werder Bremen v Bayern Munich, Hamburg v Bayer Leverkusen.

With Stuttgart,Werder,Schalke and Leverkusen all drawing last week, Bayern Munich top the League. This week throws most of the so called top teams against each other which will possibly give a pointer of how far each team is progressing.

Holland:

Friday, 17 August 2007

Heerenveen v Willem II, 19:30

Saturday, 18 August 2007

AZ v VVV, 19:00

Excelsior v FC Twente, 19:00

NAC v FC Groningen, 18:30

NEC v Roda JC, 19:00

Sunday, 19 August 2007

De Graafschap v Ajax, 11:30

FC Utrecht v Feyenoord, 13:30

Heracles v PSV, 13:30

Sparta v Vitesse, 13:30

Only FC Utrecht v Feyenoord, stand out for me here as the new look Feynoord will be taking to the field with Giovanni Van Bronckhorst, Roy Makaay and Michael Mols.

Heracles v PSV, has a personal tint for me as i work in Almelo and most of my colleagues are Heracles supporters. I have always had a soft spot for PSV due to our win against them in the Bobby Russell era and the first game in Holland i went to was PSV v Wolves in the Emlyn Hughs time.

France:

Auxerre v Caen, 19:00

Le Mans v Lille, 19:00

Lorient v Lyon, 19:00

Metz v PSG, 19:00

Sochaux v Monaco, 16:10

St Etienne v Bordeaux, 19:00

Toulouse v Strasbourg, 19:00

Sunday, 19 August 2007

Lens v Valenciennes, 18:00

Marseille v AS Nancy, 20:00

Nice v Rennes, 18:00

I do not know a lot about French football to be honest as i have never really followed it but le Mans and Nancy seem to be making the early running with the names we would expect to see at the top of the league, Lyon,Marseille,Auxerre and PSG, all well off the top after three games with Auxerre holding last place.

Spain and Italy kick off their league seasons next week.

This game finished Werder Bremen 0 - 4 Bayern! I take it you don't do very well in the prediction leagues! ;):D

I was half watching it as i could watch it live but i am now asking are Bayern so good or are Werder crap. I would go for the Werder being crap version.

I was half watching it as i could watch it live but i am now asking are Bayern so good or are Werder crap. I would go for the Werder being crap version.

Maybe it's a little bit of both? What has happened Werder that they have become so crap?