The evolution of Gerrard's Rangers

Ross County boss John Hughes was magnanimous in defeat after watching his side lose 5-0 at Ibrox in January. They had struck the woodwork a couple of times and tried to play football but Rangers were too much for them.

Hughes described the home side’s performance as “proper football” and told his counterpart Steven Gerrard that after the match.

"Thanks very much,” Hughes said Gerrard responded. “It was three years in the making.”

https://www.skysports.com/football/story-telling/11788/12236762/the-evolution-of-gerrards-rangers

Gerrard was appointed on a four year deal ... I'm assuming this has been extended?

We've improved every season he has been here and achieved what was required (the title within three years), as well as over-achieving in Europe each year.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't have been too bothered if he had parted ways with the club after that second successive defeat at Tynecastle just over a year ago but I'm absolutely delighted how he has turned things around. 

Next season is all about CL qualification and retaining the title, as well as winning a domestic cup competition.

16 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Gerrard was appointed on a four year deal ... I'm assuming this has been extended?

Yes - he signed a new deal on the same day Klopp did at Liverpool - Im sure its until 2023

• 2 weeks later...

Never actually been a fan of Durham with his controversies which are clearly sometimes for winding up people, but he is very Pro Rangers which is obviously great. But here what he says is very correct - we haven't just snatched the title on the last day - we have mauled this title away from them in record time after a massive rebuild where only a few years ago we were still struggling in the likes of Luxembourg.

That is why Gerrard eased the Manager of the year award:

The almost unbeaten season (should be able to edit almost tomorrow)

The terrific Euro run two years in a row - completing with good European sides

The team / weekly XI is a well oiled machine which we saw in 92-93 and 98-00 - which includes a defensive record is simply phenomenal

Power has not only been restored in the OF games - we have been light years ahead of them recently.

I think I'll go onto talksport listen again feature and see if there was a meltdown of callers ?

35 minutes ago, CammyF said:

IMG-20210514-WA0000.jpg

i think that's around when i said they wouldn't catch us no matter what. A little later. 

I think the goal difference art of that is wrong of course as we would have been losing ground there at an unknown rate and them gaining in the same fashion.