21st Century Gers XI

We have all done our strongers Gers XI in the past but what about just from the turn of the century:

______________Klos______________

Hutton_____Weir___Moore____Numan

De Boer__Ferguson___Gio VB___Albertz

__________Mols_____Prso_________

:)

More difficult question given the dearth of good players since the DA era... The central defence is especially hard to pick as I can't stand Moore and I don't think JAB, Weir or Berg have played enough to justify selection.

As such I'll go with Soti who did pretty well over the piece - especially in Europe.

____________________Klos____________________

Hutton_____Krygiakos_______Amoruso______Numan

Reyna______Ferguson_______Gio______Lovenkrands

___________de Boer___________Arveladze________

I didn't pick Albertz because he only played for one season and Lovenkrands - while inconsistent - did a bit more over more years.

That's an interesting one, will give it a bit of thought. Might need to check up a few things as well, because if Frankie hadn't pointed it out I wouldn't have realised Albertz only played for one season this century.

Despite being one of Hutton's biggest fans I'm suprised to see he's the pick of the RB's, although personally I can't recall a better option. Shows we've obviously not been blessed there in recent years. As I say not that I don't rate him, but due to his injury he's not played to the level he did last term over a consistent period.

That's an interesting one, will give it a bit of thought. Might need to check up a few things as well, because if Frankie hadn't pointed it out I wouldn't have realised Albertz only played for one season this century.

Despite being one of Hutton's biggest fans I'm suprised to see he's the pick of the RB's, although personally I can't recall a better option. Shows we've obviously not been blessed there in recent years. As I say not that I don't rate him, but due to his injury he's not played to the level he did last term over a consistent period.

Yeah there is 2 ways to look at it. Best on paper and and as Frankie says the best if they performed in that time. I suppose my team would be the best on paper but Frankies when playing well in the era.

The defence is tricky, I was close to putting Porrini in at RB but Hutton this year gets the nod. Centre back is tough as Moore is unpopular but we have had too many bombscares including Big Amo on occassion.

Ross, Muscat, Ricksen, Vidmar or Hutton.... ;)

Your memory is better than mine then :o.

The rest were pretty gash then.

Muscat was a terrible Eck signing.

Ricksen's best games were in midfield.

Vidmar scored a wonder goal against Parma but most bears seem to think he was mince. I can't really remember if truth be told. Thought he was ok from what I can recall.

Ross is the player Hutton could've become. Think the fans take some portion of blame in that. We can sometimes strip a player of all confidence.

I said I couldn't remember a better one, but looking at the options it's a no brainer.

Adamczuk and Porrini......

:)

The Pole was about as much use as, well, a pole.

I like Porrini a lot but he only played about 15 games this century for us.

Hutton every time. Hopefully he'll consolidate that faith over the coming years... :cheers: