Bill 13,717 Posted January 4, 2021 Share Posted January 4, 2021 12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said: I don't think quarantine has been applied to 'elite' sports teams. It's a stretch of the imagination to regard Celtic as elite in any sporting sense although they do seem to have quite a lead in child sexual abuse at football clubs. 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Thinker 887 Posted January 4, 2021 Share Posted January 4, 2021 14 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said: I don't think quarantine has been applied to 'elite' sports teams. Aye, but what about second-rate sports teams? 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ian1964 10,858 Posted January 4, 2021 Share Posted January 4, 2021 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ian1964 10,858 Posted January 4, 2021 Share Posted January 4, 2021 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ian1964 10,858 Posted January 4, 2021 Share Posted January 4, 2021 (edited) "While there are travel exemptions in place for elite sports which are designed to facilitate international and European competition, if we feel they are being abused, we won't hesitate to remove this privilege." Deputy First Minister John Swinney also commented on Celtic's trip to Dubai as he admitted it wasn't a "particularly great example to set". Speaking to John Beattie on BBC Radio Scotland, he said: "They will be allowed back in but they'll have to follow all rules in the process. "Frankly, I don't think it's a good idea to be doing that at this stage. I don't think it's a good idea. "I don't think it's a particularly great example to set to people when we're asking members of the public to take on very significant restrictions on the way in which they live their lives. "I think we've all got to demonstrate leadership on this particular question." However, Celtic have insisted they made authorities, including the Scottish Government, aware of their plans to travel to Dubai in November last year. A statement read: "The training camp was arranged a number of months ago and approved by all relevant footballing authorities and the Scottish Government through the Joint Response Group on 12th November 2020. "The team travelled prior to any new lockdown being in place, to a location exempt from travel restrictions. "The camp, the same one as we have undertaken for a number of years has been fully risk assessed. "If the club had not received Scottish Government approval then we would not have travelled." https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6490346/celtic-scottish-government-sfa-look-dubai-trip-covid-19/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1609786593 Edited January 4, 2021 by ian1964 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
the gunslinger 3,366 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 It's pretty clear celtc consider telling doncaster is government approval. Good luck to them with that. 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
compo 7,773 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 Things have changed considerably since last November dock them 12 points 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gonzo79 15,299 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 Compo, not long ago you told us you wanted the title to go to the wire and now you're telling us you want them docked 12 points for doing something they got the go ahead for by the football authorities. ? 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
buster. 5,543 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 Late November But in a statement, SPFL fixture chief Blair said: "Discussions between Celtic FC and Hibernian FC had taken place about the Celtic v Hibernian league match originally scheduled for Saturday J anuary 9th. "Celtic wished to move the fixture from its scheduled time, to another slot that weekend. When the two clubs could not reach agreement, I received a request from Celtic FC to move their home match against Hibernian FC to Monday January 11th. "I took the request to the SPFL board, noting that Hibernian FC objected to the move. "However, as the proposed date change fell within the same Friday - Monday fixture slot, and was made by the home club, I informed the SPFL board that my intention was to agree to the request. "As has been the case for the past 22 years, SPFL policy, where two clubs do not agree about a fixture change and in the absence of any other relevant factor, is to favour the home club. "Both Celtic FC and Hibernian FC were advised of the change more than an hour before the decision was made public, with no adverse comment being received from Hibernian FC ahead of publication.” https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-v-hibs-fixture-change-19375617 ---------- I brought this up at the time. Bear in mind this is a non-essential overseas travel trip in the midst of a pandemic. The Pandemic isn't relevant ..........How can Blair (SPFL) get away with that ? We know why he gave the OK. The same reason as to why the first OF match was played on the 17/10 #Peter Bottomline SPFL......not fit for purpose 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rousseau 11,533 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 I was watiching MNF last night. Early on they mentioned SG, with Carragher going on to say, "it looks like [Rangers] are going to win the league..." Needless to say, I told Carra where to go, and I turned it off. I can't be putting up with that p*sh. Nope. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.