�£1.4mil supposedly done for Cousin

So we can't afford to pay Killie the 1.5M up front they want for Naismith, but we're going to pay 1.4M for a foreign player we've never heard of?

You wouldn't get on well on FF. You don't subscribe to rule 1 that is not scottish always equals better than Scottish, regardless of whether or not you have heard of said player or seen him play.

Have heard hes coming to Ibrox tues, �£1.5mil, from SSN. What's going on. Thought someohe had said he signed for a Spanish outfit. Rather Naismith anyway.

Mike (ascender) said earlier that his deal with the Spanish outfit fell through.

I also would prefer we spent the extra on Naismith, proven in the SPL and with potentially a sell-on fee - the chances of getting a fee for a 30 yr old (Cousin) are minimal whereas with Naismith we would likely get a fee and recoup at least our outlay.

Mike (ascender) said earlier that his deal with the Spanish outfit fell through.

I also would prefer we spent the extra on Naismith, proven in the SPL and with potentially a sell-on fee - the chances of getting a fee for a 30 yr old (Cousin) are minimal whereas with Naismith we would likely get a fee and recoup at least our outlay.

Cheers, ws being too lazy to have a look back :o .

Agree re; getting a retirn on the investment, Naismith would be a better bet in that instance. And also not impressed with the guys goalscoring record.

From the other thread then that's �£1.8 mil on Whittaker, �£1.5mil on Cousin and <�£2mil on a third, hopefully a creative midfielder.

If it were me I think I would utilise the cash from 2 of those 3 players and pay extra for a quality creative midfielder.

Or sell one of Thomson, Hemdani or Ferguson (Hemdani probably as Thomson is one for the future and selling him so soon after getting him makes little sense - and Ferguson is still better than the rest when he decides he wants to be) - sadly Hemdani would be the odd man out even though he has been our best performer - and use the cash from that sale added to some of the other money and get a good quality creative mid.

But our squad has taken shape and it looks strong !!

Seems to be mixed reports about Cousins from people who've either seen him play in the flesh or are in to their French footy. It does sound like WS is trying to add a real physical element to our team though which is something that's been missing for a while.

Anyway, no point slagging the guy off before I've seen him play, I'm just questioning the logic of signing him over Naismith. But then if we really do bring in 2 or 3 more players, maybe Naismith will still be here. Certainly comments from AMc yesterday seem to suggest we're still interested in him.

Also we should know on Wednesday if the Whittaker rumours are true or not.