[FT] Rangers 1 (Hagi 33) - 0 Hibernian

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think it's because Hagi takes more risks than Kent?

So, Hagi will maybe lose the ball more but he'll do something. 

Kent's been on the ball a lot more, but he's done nothing. 

Yeh that’s what pretty much what I see.

• Frankie changed the title to [HT] Rangers 1 (Hagi 33) - 0 Hibernian

Overall, a fair result so far, given that we had two chances cleared with the goalie beaten. Hibs are dangerous and probably play the best football of any Scottish team outside the Old Firm - hope they`ll take a few points off the Scum too.

We need to stay concentrated and hopefully add a 2nd goal soonish.

Agree with what people say re Hagi and Kent. Both the former and Aribo like to take a shot which, even if blocked, result in opportunities for others. Cool play for the goal.

Edited by der Berliner

Pleased with that so far.

A bit too passive early doors but after the 15-20min mark we really took control, upped the pace and started to apply some pressure.  Chances soon followed were one was effectively cleared off the line from Balogun whilst Hagi was unlucky just before he did score.

In terms of the Hagi/Kent discussion, I think people need to see what the latter is doing: when teams sit deeper as Hibs are doing out of possession, it's Kent who with more mobility than others who is usually asked to come deep and give us an extra man outside the final third.  He then adds to Davis and Kamara in deeper areas and allows Aribo, Hagi and Roofe to find a bit more space further forward who I'd argue are better in tighter situations.  As such, whilst Kent isn't always offering direct assists or scoring goals, he is often the one starting off moves as we seen at the opener.

Awful conditions out there so I'm quite happy with the football we're playing but I do think we're too open in wider areas on the counter.

We still need to lift the tempo IMO, good enough 1st half, but if we move the ball quicker we will get another couple of goals.

Hagi always trying to score and gets his reward, he will keep attempting to score which is what we need.

Just now, alexscottislegend said:

No need to go chasing this game; 1-0 will suit just fine as our goal difference is unassailable.

Agreed.  I would expect Aribo and Barisic to play a wee bit deeper: however, we also need to avoid inviting Hibs onto us.

Wind behind this half so will be very hard to play anything in behind.