Gerrard and Goldson win monthly SPFL awards

I've always liked Goldson & felt he was under-appreciated by the support at times. This season, he's been a colossus & whilst he is guilty of the odd daft mistake (who isn't?) he's incredibly reliable, a huge asset to the team & a leader on the park. Well done big fella!

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I've always liked Goldson & felt he was under-appreciated by the support at times. This season, he's been a colossus & whilst he is guilty of the odd daft mistake (who isn't?) he's incredibly reliable, a huge asset to the team & a leader on the park. Well done big fella!

Agreed always felt the criticism and demands for him to be dropped for the likes of Katic was baffling perhaps. Certainly over stated in a big way. 

Sure he makes mistakes from time to time but our defense was rock solid with him in it. Certainly not the cause of any problems we had. 

I think that Goldson is a great example of what we see as fans vs what the management team see each and every day.  Many of our support wanted him dropped and yet he has been an ever-present.  Gerrard & Co stuck with him when he was making mistakes and their loyalty to him is now being rewarded.  That loyalty borne out of what they witness every day on the training pitch.

Faith rewarded.

7 hours ago, Frankie said:

I'm not saying he should be playing for England but is he any worse than Harry Maguire?.

He has been a rock for us this season, and tbf since he signed, he is improving all the time, as are a lot of our players under SG and his team.

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

I'm not saying he should be playing for England but is he any worse than Harry Maguire?.

He has been a rock for us this season, and tbf since he signed, he is improving all the time, as are a lot of our players under SG and his team.

TBF mate, I think I am a better player than Harry Maguire - he's absolute dugmeat.

19 minutes ago, craig said:

TBF mate, I think I am a better player than Harry Maguire - he's absolute dugmeat.

Maybe but he is England number 1 CB! and valued at a lot more than Goldson! but because Goldson plays in SPFL he would never be considered even though he is performing in Europe.

PS, you are not better than Maguire?

Edited by ian1964

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Maybe but he is England number 1 CB! and valued at a lot more than Goldson! but because Goldson plays in SPFL he would never be considered even though he is performing in Europe.

PS, you are not better than Maguire?

You would be surprised mate - even at 47 I reckon I am better than Maguire - might even be quicker too :roflmao: - he is so over-rated.

Goldson most certainly isnt a significant drop off from Maguire - £3 mill for Goldson or £70 mill for Maguire - I know who I believe got the better deal there...

30 minutes ago, craig said:

I think that Goldson is a great example of what we see as fans vs what the management team see each and every day.  Many of our support wanted him dropped and yet he has been an ever-present.  Gerrard & Co stuck with him when he was making mistakes and their loyalty to him is now being rewarded.  That loyalty borne out of what they witness every day on the training pitch.

Faith rewarded.

You could say the same for Tavernier many wanted him dropped as well he's now matured into a proper Ranger and captain