The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

In the case of Ryan Kent, the question isn’t how much Leeds are offering. It’s how much we will sell for. That said, I’d sell for £15m

Edited by Bill

49 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Then why would Leeds be wanting Kent if there is better/cheaper out there?

Same why we would want Kent et al: they see the potential of including a player like Kent in their line-up. His style, directness et al. We 8the support) have seen what he can do and where he is not as useful "as any other player that is cheaper". Hence the comment.

Dunno what Leeds got for getting back up there straight away, 180m or the like? 

I wonder how much Liverpool would get for the sale of Kent?.

Anyway I would keep Kent for this season at least, he never hides despite some inconsistency and just loves tormenting Separate Entity FC, I also think he has started the season well and believe he will get better.

10 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Hopefully nothing, £7m was a huge fee 

I suspect you'd be unpleasantly surprised then.  Liverpool are due £5m off Barcelona if Bayern Munich win the CL (they stuck in a non-club specific clause into Coutino's sell-on).  Liverpool's legal team are unbelievably astute (unlike ours).

It's strange that we're all firmly in favour of moving him on, arguably one of our 'best' players. :D 

I would take £10-12M. 

He doesn't quite fit into the system, despite doing well enough without setting the heather alight, and it would represent a decent profit. 

Will Liverpool not have a sell-on fee due?

I am confident Wilson will do the right thing. 

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

I'd sell Kent and buy Martin Boyle from Hibs and David Turnbull from Motherwell (I think he's quite good, plus lols). We'd probably still have about £7 million left to spend on people I've not heard of. 

Not sure Boyle would work for us  Relies on his pace but he wouldnt need that with us as he wouldnt have any spaces to run into.  Often we see these players that look good with lesser teams struggle with the OF because the way they have to play needs to adapt - see O'Halloran as an example.

30 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I suspect you'd be unpleasantly surprised then.  Liverpool are due £5m off Barcelona if Bayern Munich win the CL (they stuck in a non-club specific clause into Coutino's sell-on).  Liverpool's legal team are unbelievably astute (unlike ours).

Aye, but Coutinho went for £130 million 

If this is genuine then we should be looking for £17-20M. EPL is cash rich and we should be looking at a £10M+ profit on Kent. 

Given the interest in Alfredo has subsided, we may entertain offers for other players.