Empty Seats and Waiting List

On 26/01/2020 at 10:12, blueflag said:

Well, this also pisses me off to be honest.

I sometimes have to leave 10 mins or so before the end... do i want to? Of course i bloody dont.

The late evening games if i dont leave that 10 mins early it makes the differencr of about 1.5hours onto an already 4 hour journey home. So instead of getting home at say 2am i dont get home till way after 3am if i had stayed till final whistle.  

I pay the same price for my ticket as the locals who can stay and not worry about getting home at 3am, but hey, you keep mocking fellow fans for doing such things.

I don't have the same distance to travel but still apply the same logic at times. If I leave 3 or 4 minutes early then it can save 30-45 minutes in a traffic queue getting out of the Albion.

I don't do it every week but if we're winning comfortably then I do it sometimes.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I don't have the same distance to travel but still apply the same logic at times. If I leave 3 or 4 minutes early then it can save 30-45 minutes in a traffic queue getting out of the Albion.

I don't do it every week but if we're winning comfortably then I do it sometimes.

The time it takes to get out of the Albion car park is dreadful. I've stopped using it altogether

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 19:52, forlanssister said:

I had over a dozen spare on Wednesday, put some on the Ticket Office on Follow Follow and never got so much as a single bite.

For the Killie game on Boxing Day I shifted over 15 via the TO on FF and could have trebled that easily.

Thank you for the one you nabbed for stewarty my friend :D

I park on Edmiston Drive (West of Helen Street) and we get away fine despite waiting until the final whistle every game.  

Old Firm games are the only matches where traffic can be a nightmare afterwards.

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I park on Edmiston Drive (West of Helen Street) and we get away fine despite waiting until the final whistle every game.  

Old Firm games are the only matches where traffic can be a nightmare afterwards.

Agree the traffic is seldom a problem once you get out of the Albion car park. I’ve always been home earlier since I stopped using it. 

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 08:33, Gonzo79 said:

There's undoubtedly a lot of that.  I know a few who rarely make it til full-time.  Sometimes they don't bother even leaving the pub at all.  

Something I will never, ever understand.

I took my kid to Liverpool game v Brighton in late November at Anfield.  Had to be up at 4am for a flight but never got home till gone midnight.  I understand blueflag's pain because the next day is absolutely brutal.  But was I missing the end of the game ?  Nope.  It is a little different for me though as I don't get to as many games as I would like to in a season so I sit till the bitter end - even when watching us under Pedro, which was usually brutal viewing after the 1st 10 minutes :(

But when people would rather be in the pub with a pint in hand than actually supporting their team I just can't understand it, no matter how poor the performance is.  It's the reason for being there in the first place.

I never leave early to go to the pub but do leave early in midweek games because it makes a big difference to when we get home.  I have missed the last several games due to ill health and would be very upset, if as some advocate, I lost the right to renew my season ticket.  I hope that I am well enough to make the game on Saturday.  I've missed it like hell.

18 hours ago, craig said:

Something I will never, ever understand.

I took my kid to Liverpool game v Brighton in late November at Anfield.  Had to be up at 4am for a flight but never got home till gone midnight.  I understand blueflag's pain because the next day is absolutely brutal.  But was I missing the end of the game ?  Nope.  It is a little different for me though as I don't get to as many games as I would like to in a season so I sit till the bitter end - even when watching us under Pedro, which was usually brutal viewing after the 1st 10 minutes :(

But when people would rather be in the pub with a pint in hand than actually supporting their team I just can't understand it, no matter how poor the performance is.  It's the reason for being there in the first place.

I  take advantage of the Govan smokers facility, you would be very surprised at the amount of punters who leave at half time, every game.

on the original topic, I believe, and @forlanssister will be able to verify, that in regards to disabled STs, underusage could result in forfeiture. this is due to a long standing demand v availability disparity.

As it seems this criteria now also applies to the accessible seating, shouldn't the ST purchase conditions correlate?

1 hour ago, gaspard said:

I  take advantage of the Govan smokers facility, you would be very surprised at the amount of punters who leave at half time, every game.

on the original topic, I believe, and @forlanssister will be able to verify, that in regards to disabled STs, underusage could result in forfeiture. this is due to a long standing demand v availability disparity.

As it seems this criteria now also applies to the accessible seating, shouldn't the ST purchase conditions correlate?

That is indeed the theory though it's been rarely enforced.

I think we'll see several initiatives to make better use of tickets some carrots like the Seat Sub stuff, some sticks like the ban on reprints (purely a cash raising exercise from the Club) and I think it inevitable that the issue of rarely used season tickets particularly juveniles will get addressed in the not too distant future.

1 hour ago, forlanssister said:

That is indeed the theory though it's been rarely enforced.

I think we'll see several initiatives to make better use of tickets some carrots like the Seat Sub stuff, some sticks like the ban on reprints (purely a cash raising exercise from the Club) and I think it inevitable that the issue of rarely used season tickets particularly juveniles will get addressed in the not too distant future.

Indeed, the reprint issue demonstrates that fundamentally the club don't really have a concern about empty seats that are already paid being filled with non ST ad hoc punters, they are only interested in those seats being resold to increase matchday revenue.

in theory I have no real issue with this but the practicalities and consequential effects should also be considered.

You, more than anyone are aware of the fiscal realities of running a supporters bus from a remote area, would your bus have been viable for all these years without the income from reprint sales?