New Bids In for Naismith and McCulloch????

I just would like to have him in addition to the above type of player, not as a replacement for.

Thats the key point. If Naismith comes in, is that the end of the spending? For that kind of money i cant see us having that amount (or more) to throw on 1 player in this transfer window. IMO we should be keeping that money until the creative / right sided player is identified. Obviously if Buffel comes good that saves us looking and then we can go for the likes of Naismith.

A few online places reckon this deal will be done by the weekend. Something like 1.5M up front with add-ons taking it to about 1.8M. I never realised that he's not played in any of their pre-season games yet, so I guess he did make it clear that he wanted to join us.

And now the deal is dead as reported in a few actual proper news places. I know both clubs have blamed each other so its hard to know what's been going on, but I can't help feel we've only ourselves to blame that the whole thing has dragged on for so long.

For what it is worth, I think were are blameless in this situation. On Thursday, Killie confirmed that the two clubs had verbally agreed a fee for SN and that the transfer was to take place over the weekend. We made the bid 'official' and Killie booted it out.

This is an interesting saga as Killie have lied through their teeth from the beginning and were at it again over the weekend stating that 2 other clubs have made better offers than Rangers. Rangers are the only club to have put in any official bids and most importantly, Rangers are the only club the player is interested in talking to.

Killie are ~�£10M in debt and it is astonishing that they have turned down ~�£1.5M pounds (the only offer on the table) for SN when we can sign him on a free transfer next season.

As I stated when this saga began, don't be surprised if SN is still a Killie player this season.

Cammy F

For what it is worth, I think were are blameless in this situation. On Thursday, Killie confirmed that the two clubs had verbally agreed a fee for SN and that the transfer was to take place over the weekend. We made the bid 'official' and Killie booted it out.

This is an interesting saga as Killie have lied through their teeth from the beginning and were at it again over the weekend stating that 2 other clubs have made better offers than Rangers. Rangers are the only club to have put in any official bids and most importantly, Rangers are the only club the player is interested in talking to.

Killie are ~�£10M in debt and it is astonishing that they have turned down ~�£1.5M pounds (the only offer on the table) for SN when we can sign him on a free transfer next season.

As I stated when this saga began, don't be surprised if SN is still a Killie player this season.

Cammy F

Sounds about right mate, GREEDY CUNTS,although there's nothing wrong with trying to screw as much money as possible out of a club for a player,but it may come back to bite them on the arse

Werent the first 2 bids under 500k though?? I can see Killies point of view from there, IIRC the first bid was laughable.

But after that we met there valuation of 1.5 million and they started to play funny buggars.

Yip, I think we took the piss with our opening offers, so it looks like Killie then got their own back when we finally did meet their valuation (as well as leaking info to the press) so neither side have been blameless.

Latest is his agent throwing a little tantrum to the Daily R*cord. Why doesn't the lad put a transfer request in if he's this unhappy? I know he didn't want to, but what choice does he now have?

TEVEN NAISMITH'S agent launched a blistering attack on Kilmarnock last night - accusing them of making his star client ill with worry.

The 20-year-old's adviser Andrew McCormick came out all guns blazing after Rangers boss Walter Smith insisted he's no longer interested in trying to strike a deal.

McCormick says Naismith has been unable to sleep after Kilmarnock chairman Michael Johnston's refusal to accept a £1.5 million Ibrox bid.

Speaking exclusively to Record Sport McCormick said: "Steven's reached the end of his tether and needs to leave.

"He's disillusioned with the treatment he's received from a chairman whose handling of this saga has been quite incredible.

"Johnston seems to spend more time communicating with fans on websites than he does telling Steven what is going on.

Advertisement

"The player and chairman have no working relationship whatsoever.

"Steven's father has already expressed concern over his son's health because his head is in such a mess he can't sleep.

"He is being denied an opportunity to better himself and increase his earnings 10-fold. I defy anybody not to become frustrated in those circumstances.

"It's like having a winning lottery ticket in your hand but Kilmarnock's chairman wants to rip it up and deny him the chance to cash it in.

"It's impacting hard on Steven and his family. They can all see his pain and it's distressing for everyone."

Johnston has booted out a series of Rangers offers, starting with an initial bid of £400,000.

The Ibrox club's final bid was for a total of £1.5 million - paid in two installments of £750,000.

Boyhood Rangers fan Naismith believed that offer was on the verge of being accepted until Johnston claimed to have received two more lucrative bids, with Celtic thought to be leading the chase.

But McCormick has now challenged Johnston to substantiate claims that the SPL champs have agreed to better the Rangers offer.

He said: "That was two weeks ago and we've still to see any evidence.

"I believe one of them was supposed to be from Celtic but it was a verbal offer. Three weeks on, in a world of global communication, it's still to be converted into writing.

"I'm sorry, but that is beyond belief.

"So I would ask Michael Johnston one thing. Do these offers exist? The player deserves an answer.

"I also believe Jim Jefferies - who has been terrific with Steven throughout this whole episode - has questions he needs answered.

"It is my understanding that Jim has asked how the club can afford to knock back £1.5million when they've done nothing but cut costs since he's been there.

"Jim has been working on a shoestring and has done a magnificent job. But I think he's frustrated a guaranteed sum of money, one which might change his financial constraints, hasn't been accepted.

"And on what basis? Because of an offer that does not even exist?

"If Celtic want Steven then let's get it in black and white. If they make an acceptable offer to Kilmarnock then we can get around the table and Steven can decide if he wants to move there or not."

Meanwhile, Rangers boss Smith insists he's prepared to go into the new season without any further new signings.

When asked about the Naismith saga yesterday Smith said: "I'm fed up with that situation. We've withdrawn our offer and that's it.

"We're still looking at one or two other situations but we'd maybe have to lose one or two before we can do anything.

"It looks as if we will go with what we've got which we are happy enough to do so long as everyone stays fit."