New Bids In for Naismith and McCulloch????

No way can Naismith play the lone striker role. He's too small and too light. If we got him he'd be used a winger if WS is going to stick with this 4-3-2-1 formation.

Did anyone suggest Naismith plays the lone striker role ?

Did anyone suggest Naismith plays the lone striker role ?

Who knows! All I was doing was stating that personally I don't think Naismith will be used as a striker if he does sign for us.

Who knows! All I was doing was stating that personally I don't think Naismith will be used as a striker if he does sign for us.

I wouldn' tthink so either - and NO WAY is he a lone striker type - unless the ball is played to feet.

From what I saw of Scott Brown he could play the role but ONLY to the extent that you need to hold the ball up for others - I am NOT saying Brown is a striker - but he has good control and can shield the ball well and is strong.

To play up front alone you need those qualities - strength, touch and holding off defenders - Boyd certainly doesn't have all those qualities and I doubt Naismith does either.

So would Naismith be coming in to play RM ? Or would Beasley go to RM so Naismith can play LM ? Or would they be competing with each other AND Adam ? If the latter then why bring Naismith in when we should get another RM in as we need players on the right side of midfield as it is.

Someone on FF reckons the deal will be done today for 1.8M. Apparently the guy is quite a reliable source. Wait and see I guess...

Id still rather see 1.8 million being spent elsewhere on the pitch. I dont thnk we need Naismith especially if we are playing 4-2-3-1.

I would prefer to see a creative central midfielder, a Ronald de Boer type pleayer, although obviously VERY unlikely to be as skilful.

We have missed that creativity for a few years now and our central midfield is bereft of ideas.

Our opposition knows that all they need to do is shut down our wingers and we won't score - we have no real spark in the middle of midfield.

The problem is though.... if you bring that type of person in you almost HAVE to use the 4-2-3-1 formation to accommodate Ferguson, Hemdani & Thomson - but a 4-2-3-1 would work if you had a real creative talent in the centre of the "3".

Though I still would like to see Naismith being brought in - I just would like to have him in addition to the above type of player, not as a replacement for.